Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayne3rr0r Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Where does the ice maker hose lead
    Hello, I have a problem I turned on the water line to my frig and now there is water spraying out of the front (bottom). Out of a hose that looked like it was cut or blown, where does this hose lead to so I can repair it? It's a General Electric white side by side.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 01:16 PM

First edit your post and put in a few capital letters and periods so we know where a sentence begins and ends. Second remove the toe kick under the door and tell whether the bursted hose is before or after the solenoid water valve.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 01:26 PM

Do as Harold instructed you, I am sure you will find the hose either blown or cut close to solenoid, good luck.

John

Jul 2, 2009, 02:34 PM

What does the solenoid water valve look like?

Eddie
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 03:01 PM

Open the link below and you will see all deferent solenoids, Thanks.

John

refrigerator solenoid Refrigerator and Freezer Accessories - Compare Prices and Buy refrigerator solenoid Refrigerator and Freezer Accessories at Shopping.com

Jul 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
    OK that part is right at the spot where the water hook up is and its leaking further up than that

Jul 2, 2009, 05:16 PM

So the bursted hose is between the water solenoid valve and the dispenser. Correct?

Jul 2, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Yes think so but I am not sure where it would connect to

Jul 2, 2009, 09:39 PM

There should be one line coming into the solenoid valve, one line going out to the ice maker and one line going to the water dispenser. If you turned the water on at the stop valve and water immediately started coming out, the break should be between the stop valve and the solenoid valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Hose Leaking, removed hose pipe drips [ 5 Answers ]

Previously it was leaking at the top where shower hose goes onto the threads of the pipe at top, I wrapped the threads with teflon tape so that now that part is dry, no leaking, but the hose continues to leak at the bottom (hand held piece). I totally unscrewed the shower hose from the pipe and see...

Ice maker kenmore not making full size cubes only thin and hollow I have replace hose [ 2 Answers ]

And I am still getting thin hollow ice cubes any suggestions?

Air hose [ 2 Answers ]

Wussup out there. What is going on when you are having all the feelings of ejaculating but nothing comes out? I mean absolutely nothing!

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

Hose bib [ 1 Answers ]

I have a soderd hose bib coming off a tee from the main out front - how do I replace it?

View more questions Search