Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:22 PM
    My friend wants to know.
    My friend is next to me, and she tried to make an account with amhd but its not letting her. So I told her I would ask this for her...

What do you do when you know your husband is cheating and you confront him with it and he lies about and you show him the proof?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:42 PM

You leave!
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:44 PM

This is what I told her :) I'm not sure why she is asking for MORe advise. Thank you :) ill tell her what you said
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Whatelse is there to do, he's a cheat and a liar...
    Enough said.

Time for divorce.
    talal-crackdown Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 12:47 PM

Well
    First of all you should have a strong proof of your husband cheating... then you tell him that I am disturbed from all this and can't go along with this... I hope he will understand.. realize him that he is doing wrong and you know all about what is doing... if this helps then good... otherwise be angry at him... you know sometimes it is good to be angry against wrong things... may be your anger will save your relationship... but don't get the conditions worst.. you should solve this problem thriftly... so be cool and think on various aspects of problem...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:51 PM

Going to take a different approach... does she want to try to salvage the marriage? Does she think he would be willing to try counseling? Are there any kids involved?

My first reaction would be to say "just leave" as well, because that is what I know I would do at this point in my life, but it can be quite different when you are actually faced with the reality.

Some people will end it right then and there. Others may want to try and see if things can be worked out and rebuilt.

Jun 25, 2009, 12:53 PM

I think her first pirority should be to save her home... to leave should be a last option... not first...
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:10 PM
    I think the thing that makes it a leave and not counseling situation is that -

1. There is proof, not an admittance of misdoing. He was caught.
    2. When questioned, husband lied.
    3. When faced with proof, husband continued to lie.

If partners face an affair together with equal investment into fixing the marriage, there is a chance of saving it. With one partner, unable to face his sin, admit his fault, repent and seek counseling... then she will be unable to save this relationship alone.

Divorce maybe over used, but the answer should be, a longer courting time and value in commitment by both parties.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:13 PM

I think my friend is having such a hard time with it because its been 40 years. They have kids, but the kids are all grown and moved out of the house.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:17 PM

What is the proof that your friend has? I would imagine it is something major.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    i think my friend is having such a hard time with it because its been 40 years. they have kids, but the kids are all grown and moved out of the house.
    Anyone would have a hard time with it.
    An affair is devastating to a family.
    To share something as intimate, as sex, with someone other then your partner with whom you love is a disrespect.
    Having a hard time with it, is different then deciding to tolerate his behavior and lies.
    She will not be able to do anything until he is honest, assuming the proof is legitimate.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 25, 2009, 01:19 PM

Leave his and use the proof in court to make sure he doesn't try to screw her over, again.

Jun 25, 2009, 01:20 PM

Is she is seeking advice then there is surly something she is considering... probably she is trying to save her relation... probably she needs to live with him... probably she don't want divorce... yes there are thing her husband did wrong then lied to him but if she wants to save her relationship then let her give a chance.she must try once to resolve it but if things would go out of her range then definitely she would go for divorce... hearts should be big and if one admits and appologizes then let it go
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 25, 2009, 01:23 PM

I will tell you like I told my son last night. Cheating is a horrible horrible thing to do. It's right up there with lying and stealing. HOWEVER, when you take vows they are important to up hold. THROUGH thick and thin, good times and bad... what did you think the bad times would be? Not making dinner? LOL
    I say that to be funny and this is not a funny situation. If the proof is real legit proof and not irrational grasping than start the conversation in regards to what he would like to do. Give him some idea about what she would like to do and then Allow him the time to adjust to the fact that he has been caught. (couple of hours, days) whatever it is. By then you will know your answer based on how he reacts and proceeds. Best of luck to your friend.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    leave his and use the proof in court to make sure he doesn't try to screw her over, again.
    Affairs no longer give either party any additional merit in a divorce.

Jun 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    i think my friend is having such a hard time with it because its been 40 years. they have kids, but the kids are all grown and moved out of the house.
    What are the possible outcomes of this breakup?will her kids accept this?who will take care of her in this age..
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:27 PM
    I will say one thing.

I don't honestly believe there is a single thing that your friend can do until the husband admits to the affair.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:31 PM
    I'm sorry guys. I'm not sure what proof she has and she went home before I could ask her.

Ill let you all know as soon as I see her again wahts going on in response to your questions.

*justwantitfair, I can't give you rep again yet, but I agree with you*
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 01:49 PM

I am sorry she is having to go through this.

Curious as to what her proof is and what his response was when she showed it to him.

I wish her well... such a heartwrenching situation... and no doubt, after 40 years, it is something she probably thought she would never have to worry about.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:32 PM

OK.

She says the proof she has is pictures and a video.

And my mistake, she has been married for 5 years. Not 40. Sorry. She is 40 YEARS OLD. Not MARRIED for 40 years.

She says 'he just lied and denyed it even though I showed him the proof'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

View more questions Search