Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariellah1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 04:04 PM
    How to enforce child support
    How to get child support ,when the payments have stopped one year ago.My son dad will get a job and I have received a withholding letter but, he does not keep the job longer enough to make payments
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 04:16 PM

You keep taking him back to court every time he gets the job.
    Even though he quits it is worth putting him through the wringer.
    I didn't keep pursuing support with my ex and I am still kicking myself for that.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 06:03 PM

Are you doing this yourself or through child support agency ?
    mariellah1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Thanks, I filed though the attorney general . There as been an order since 2003 he is never consistent he don't call to wish him happy b-day ,xmas .
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:52 PM

He may never do those things. Your child has a right to the money though. You may not be getting it now but as long as the order is in place, it will haunt him until he pays up. You say he's working at least a little bit; is he filing taxes? If so, you could at least get that money if he were getting a return.

Plus, as long as he has an outstanding support order, he will find out he can't live happy-go-lucky. They are clamping down on deadbeat dads so he may lose his license, won't be eligible for certain loans, and can't get a passport. As Nohelp said, Stay on it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

How to enforce father to see his child [ 11 Answers ]

I Have A Problem, My Friend Came To For Help But Didn't Hav E Answer For Because I Never Been In That Kind Of Situation And She Ask How Do You Enforce A Father Who Is On Child Support To Come See His Child No W He Is Paying On Time But Can The Court Do Anything About It Oh Yeah And They Weren't...

View more questions Search