Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyb619 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Visition right for unmarried fathers in Atlanta, GA
    I have been with my fiancé for 1 1/2 and he has a son who is 2 yrs old soon to be 3. He's having problems with his ex (son's mother) who only let him see his child on her clock. For instance if it's a weekend and she need someone to watch after him while she goes out to the club or if she needs someone to look after him while she work. Isn't fair I know. He's looking to get some kind of visitation where he can pick him up on his days off or on the holiday or whenever and keep him overnight or for more than one day. She always raises hell when he ask to get him to take him different places. I'm a mother myself with a young boy and I believe boys need a good father figure in their lives and he is a great father figure. He buy him anything and everything he needs and has been doing so since his birth. He's there at his doctor visits when he's been sick. He's had pneumonia 3 times in this year I've been with him, under his mother's care. Does anyone have any solutions for him to get these rights as far as him being able to get him and keeping him for more than one day and being able to get him on his days off, he doesn't have a set work schedule. She doesn't keep their son her mother keeps him while she work or while she's out hanging or something. The messed up thing is she'll take the 2 yr old to my fiancés mother house, without my fiancé knowing, and will leave him there while she go about her business for the night, and won't tell him anything about it. He has to hear it from his mother. As you can see we are in dire need here and would like some kind of solution. He would love to have custody of him but the court fee I hear are ridiculous. I love his son like he's my own and he has an attachment to me as well so we need help
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 02:51 PM

Is there a custody order already in place? Has your fiancé been legally established as the biological father of the child?

If there is no custody order, he needs to get one - immediately. Waiting isn't doing any good. He has to pay the fees if he wants to see his son.

Jun 5, 2009, 03:54 PM

No there's no court order and yes he has established he is the biological father. Even if he wants just visitation right or joint custody we have to pay those high fees?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 07:59 PM

So if he wants it why has he not gotten an attorney and filed for joint custody ( he will normally need to live in or near the same school district) ** they will look at that even when not in school yet.

But he gets a set visit schedule.
    I usually don't make personal recommendations but Legal Links is a very good legal firm in Atlanta for custody issues.

Jun 5, 2009, 09:36 PM

We were trying to look at all the possible ways of going about getting it so I guess at the end of the day he NEEDS an attorney to help him. Men have a hard time in these situations. Thank you to you guys who have replied to this
    AngGlas Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 11:35 AM

In GA there is a thing called legitimacy, he will have to file with the courts and she will also sign the paperwork, just him signing the birth certifcate will not do. After that he can go to the courts to work out a schedule and have it approved by the judge. If she with holds the child after that you can take her back to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unmarried fathers rights [ 11 Answers ]

What rights do I have with my unborn baby after he/she is born, and how do I go about obtaining these rights? The mother and I are both young and in college and do not know each other very well, but both of us agreed to have and keep the baby. What are the typical visitation rights in Georgia once...

Unmarried fathers right to his son [ 6 Answers ]

Good day, I have a son with a woman I did not marry but my understanding is I have a parental responisibility to him because he bears my last name and I signed his birth certificate. Can she take my son to another state or withhold visitation rights from me? What options are available to me?

FL Unmarried Fathers Rights [ 7 Answers ]

I'm an unmarried father of a 6 y/o little boy. My ex and I were together for 7 years before she left me for another man. She took my son in the middle of the night out of our home we established together. The last time I saw my son was on Easter. I didn't hear from my ex for 6 months. The only way...

Unmarried fathers rights [ 17 Answers ]

I am upset about my baby daddy. He is demanding that he see his son. He is the legal father by the way and is paying child support. We both live in Illinois. He only came out to my house twice to see his son and when he comes out he lies about taking us out to eat. I paid the last time he came out...

Unmarried fathers rights [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I have been dating 2 months but have known each other a lot longer. We don't exactly live together but may be soon. We are together everyday. We both have 3 yr old sons from previous relationships. My son is with me 24/7, he hasn't seen his but once in the last 2 months it was for 6...

View more questions Search