Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Don't let rumors control your thoughts, or actions. which means control yourself, because you can't control what others say or do.

That's something you especially need to remember, as you do things on impulse, when you don't. Think before you act, thats how you are the bigger person.

If you let them control you, that motivates them to keep pushing your buttons, so they can make more rumors by your reactions.

That's only ONE consequence of impulsive behavior. You make yourself a target for bad, selfish behavior.
    totallylost07 Posts: 77, Reputation: 5

Jun 6, 2009, 09:55 AM

So pretty much don't do anything at all? After I told my friend, he told me not to worry because I will always be the bigger person. For me not to feel guilty because I was in such a bad spot... She did the sins, so she should live with what comes her way...

The mornings are sooooo hard. I go to sleep with my mind on something else but when I wake up... This is all I can think of, her...
    Lonelyandbroken Posts: 118, Reputation: 15

Jun 6, 2009, 11:35 AM

I have mornings like that too. ALmost every morning. It will hopefully pass in time.

Jun 6, 2009, 03:17 PM

It is like every morning for me.. I go to sleep thinking will be a better day... but it has been a nightmare

It feels like an addiction... and I am going through withdrawal
    Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 03:25 PM

That's a healthy way of looking at it. That's why no contact is so important, so you can kick your habit.

I suggest a busy routine in the mornings, that calls for action, and not laying around dwelling .

That's what will slowly change your mind, by replacing old thoughts, with new ones.

Jun 7, 2009, 12:30 PM

Woke up feeling like a nightmare again. Then I checked my email.

My ex sent me an email saying: she doesn't know what to say anymore, and that she changed her number. If I needed anything to email her. And she is sorry. And for me to listen to Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" because it sums up the way she feels.

GRRR..? How am I suppose to take that? I was going to respond, but I think I should just let it be.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jun 7, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Let it be. She's being dramatic. And stupid. Ignore it.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 04:17 PM

I would vanish from her life, that includes emails. Matter of fact, mark her address for SPAM.

Jun 7, 2009, 04:28 PM

You... I don't know why she would do what she did... my friend that is a girl said that my ex just wants to keep me emotionally attached so she can have her fun with other guy.

My ex messed up my morning, I ready woke up feeling poopy and she made it worst.

I wanted to mess with her and dump the stuff animals and cards at her house. But it probably is not worth the trouble.

Jun 7, 2009, 06:43 PM

Here is the emotions that I go through the day...

Morning I wake up sad and upset that I am not with my ex for all the things so has done to me.

Afternoon.. better...
    Evening.. starting to forget the bad things she has done and just miss her
    Night.. miss her but thinking of a better day.

Its starts all over the next morning...

Jun 8, 2009, 03:20 PM

Her sister just called me demanding the guys address... I guess she found out..

Jun 9, 2009, 03:15 PM

Big mistake... I emailed her to ask her if she was OK... but got no response.

I am thinking about changing my number but I am looking for work so I do not if that is a good idea.
    Lonelyandbroken Posts: 118, Reputation: 15

Jun 9, 2009, 06:13 PM

Who did you email the ex? Or her sister.

Jun 9, 2009, 07:24 PM

Emailed the ex
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 05:06 AM

11 pages, 11 darn pages of advice on not contacting her. After all she did to you, you're worried about if SHE'S okay?

When are you going to want to move away from the kick of the horse?
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by totallylost07 View Post
    big mistake... i emailed her to ask her if she was ok... but got no response.

I am thinking about changing my number but I am looking for work so I do not if that is a good idea.
    It wasn't a good idea to email the ex, If she didn't respond, why change your number. Start No Contact again, just do better this time. Again, your failing to think before you act. That's where you need your attention, not on her.

Jun 10, 2009, 06:27 PM

You.. she called me with a blocked number today, I didn't know and picked up. She called to yell at me because, word traveled back to her that people know what happened.

For some reason, I did not yell back at her. She was speaking with no remorse or anything.. Stone-cold. I was going to say, "if you did not mess up then there would not be anything to talk about." But I didn't, don't know why. I am usually full of emotions and act on impulse... I just hung up after.

Not sure if I was too hurt or just don't care as much at this point. Her hateful words did not seem to bother me as much. Still hurt but whatevers.

Jun 10, 2009, 07:13 PM
    I just need to take my own advice, I know
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 11, 2009, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by totallylost07 View Post
    ya.. she called me with a blocked number today, I didnt know and picked up. She called to yell at me because, word traveled back to her that people know what happened.

For some reason, I did not yell back at her. She was speaking with no remorse or anything.. Stone-cold. I was going to say, "if you did not mess up then there would not be anything to talk about." But I didn't, don't know why. I am usually full of emotions and act on impulse... I just hung up after.

Not sure if I was too hurt or just don't care as much at this point. Her hateful words did not seem to bother me as much. Still hurt but whatevers.
    Her anger shouldn't surprise you. A few pages back, you wanted to burn it all down, remember? You wanted everyone to know what happened, and you made certain they did.
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 12:49 PM

Well you got what you wanted, revenge, that should make you happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about this relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I started seeing a man some time ago who I had a strong attraction to, but I didn't want to get too heavily involved for various reasons, so I tried to keep it light. He, however got quite intense about it and wanted to see me more. He even told me he loved me. Finally, I have ended up with an...

New relationship and I am very confused. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I am new to this site, but needed some advice so I was redirected and here I am! I have been single for a good 2 years, prior to that I was in a 4 1/2 relationship. I ended that January 2005. Ever since then I've dated here and there, but nothing serious. Now, I started...

Confused about someone I just met while being in a 5 yr relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I have been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years and he is the best person I could ever ask for. I am deeply in love with him yet our relationship has been strained due to long distance. I recently moved from my home to go to graduate school, where my boyfriend and I shared a place before he...

Confused in my relationship [ 12 Answers ]

Sorry for the long story, but I feel that I should explain as much as I can to clear everything out. I've been dating this girl for almost five years now and honestly our relationship has gone through tough times this last month. I'm 26 and she's 24. We used to think that we have a pretty...

Confused about my relationship [ 3 Answers ]

My guy and I have been together for over 4 years. We have a daughter and are expecting another baby in Sept. We are not married. He is a catholic and has been for a long time. He and his ex were married in a catholic church. They got divorced and have 2 children together. He also has another child...

View more questions Search