Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Izzyy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 08:40 PM
    Boyfriend says he doesn't "need" me
    So my boyfriend of almost 2 years just recently kissed another girl and I've been giving him hell about it.

We're still together but I can't help but feel that if he truly was in love with me than he wouldn't even flirt with another girl let alone kiss her.

Well today we were talking and I was being a about the situation and I could imagine him getting extremely frustrated with talking about it but I need to let my feelings out,

Well he told me that he doesn't need me in his life, that he's an independent man and that he would be completely fine without me,
    What in the world am I to think ? Should I just end it immediately?
    catch 22 Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2009, 08:51 PM

End it. Your first impression was correct, someone who loves you wouldn't even consider doing something like that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2009, 09:05 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ng-356508.html

Yes you should end, and check yourself into a rehab. You have more problems than he does.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

May 23, 2009, 12:25 AM
    Take what he has said to you as his truth. He not only told you he doesn't need you in his life but is also showing you. End it and move on. If you try to plead your case or try to convince him in anyway that he is wrong (which is a reaction that many women do in situations like this) will only make you look desperate and needy and above all a crazy woman, which will only confirm in his mind that he has made the correct choice. He doesn't need you which gives you the opportunity to find someone who does.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

May 23, 2009, 01:41 PM

I like to believe that men speak their minds as it is. So that means he doesn't "need" you. He doesn't need you to give him grief for kissing another girl. Does he "want" you? He probably does, but he also wants to kiss other girls. So you need to ask yourself the same questions. Do you need him and do you want him?
    I am a strong, independent, well-rounded woman. I don't "need" my boyfriend, and he knows that. He's the love of my life, and I "want" him in my life... he knows that too.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 02:00 PM

If he loved you he wouldn't be kissing another girl.

Also, I must say if you forgave him by taking him back and then you was giving him hell about this--then he could've said this out of anger.

However once he kissed another girl trust went out the window and some relationships recover and some don't.

I read your other post and right now this is the least of your problems. Leave him and go get the help you need for yourself.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 03:00 PM

I tell my boyfriend I don't NEED him
    But I do want him.
    He doesn't even want you or he wouldn't be having this attitude of 'doing what he wants and not considering your being his girlfriend.

Dump him and get yourself whole.
    They say it takes two whole people to make a complete couple.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 23, 2009, 03:59 PM

Well if he doesn't need you, then you certainly don't need him.

Kissing another girl = cheating

Why prolong the inevitable. End it now.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 04:23 PM

I read your other thread as well... is it the same girl as in detox?

I think that even if it is your BF seems to be in some trouble. He might have said it out of anger... (of course I don't know)

But maybe it is time for you to move on and let him deal with his life the way he wants to. If he wants to go around kissing other girls (even as a 'kindness' or whatever his excuse was) then you should just leave him at his own devises and move on with your life.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ng-356508.html

Yes you should end, and check yourself into a rehab. You have more problems than he does.
    Had to spread the rep T, but loved your answer. Short and to the point.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:47 AM

End it. A cheating partner is definitely not worth staying for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

"well I heard your boyfriend that he has a girlfriend" popular song [ 2 Answers ]

I heard this song once recently on the radio and it was towards the end, so I didn't get a lot of the lyrics... but it went something lik this: "well I heard your boyfriend, that he has a girlfriend" I know its not much, but it was a guy singing, and the style was similar to Avril...

View more questions Search