Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 04:38 PM
    99 Honda CRV audio code
    Hello!

I have recently changed my Honda 1999 CRV battery. The radio needs a code and I don't have this code. I called the dealer to ask for this code and they tell me that they need to take out the radio to look for it and it will be $70.00! UNBELIEVEBLE!
    Does anybody knows were I can find this info other than waist that amount of money?

Somebody please, HELP!

Thanks!
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 09:03 AM
    The dealer should be able to look up the code from the car's VIN, unless the radio was changed at some point, and then it will have to be looked up off the serial number of the radio. You should have received a "code card" with the code on it when you bought the car -- about the size of a credit card with a five digit code on it. If you know how, you can pull out the radio yourself and the dealer should be able to give you the code for free.
    yrags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
    If anyone has the codes for a 1999 honda crv radio please help
    protopyre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 07:54 AM
    This is an easy DIY. The code you need to input is designed as an anti-theft system. If someone steals your radio it is worthless without a code. You will have to pull out the radio to get the serial number off it and call the number on the radio. They will then have to verify that you own the vehicle and it is not stolen. The other solution is to take the serial number to a Honda dealer and they should be able to look it up for you. If they charge you for looking it up then that is a rip off.

I have a 2003 CRV so these instruction may not work. Under the radio are a couple of vents on either side of the flasher buttons. Beneath the ledge under those vents you will find two screws. Undo those screws and this will allow out to take the moulding off that holds the radio in place. This will also expose a couple of screws that hold the radio in its carriage. Remove those screws and pull out the radio slightly. You should find an information sticker that has the serial number and a 1-800 number to call. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a code for my honda accord cd player [ 7 Answers ]

I need help in obtaining a code for my honda accord cd player. Earlier today I changed my battery and since that time I have discovered that in doing so I have activated my anti-theft system and now need a code to enter into my system to get it working again. After reading on the web, apparently...

Honda Civic CODE 15 [ 8 Answers ]

I have honda civic 92, My car will die every morning when check engine light comes up every day. It can be start it again by reseated fuse for ECU (15 amp) within 5 minutes time frame, I check the error code, it has code 41 and 15, I changed the oxgen sensor but the sympton still there. During the...

Honda Accord Audio code [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently changed my Honda accord's bartery. I forgot the code to enter for Audio. I have entered wrong code and it seems like it is locked. Now I found my audio code and I don't know how to enter. The preset buttons are not responding when press them to enter the correct code. Please...

98 honda accord audio "CODE e" [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on my Honda. Well the audio system disengaged and required a 5 digit code to reset. I obtained this code from the dealer. I entered the 5 digit code and nothing happens except shows "CODE e". The manual has little to say about this.. Anyone know?

View more questions Search