Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wishes Posts: 98, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2009, 04:34 AM
    My toner didn't work!
    OK so I bought keune semi colour 7.66 and I applied it on a strand of hair to see how it comes and my hair just lightened instead of turning copper ;/ I'm really mad because she told me it would show and it didn't and since I opened it I can't return it. Does anyone know any good hair toners which will turn my brunet hair into a cooper colour.

Apr 22, 2009, 05:59 AM

Anyone...
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:50 AM

If you wish to turn brunette hair into a copper color, that would involve lightening the hair. If you bought a semi-permanent color, there is no lightening power in that. If it appeared to turn lighter, then it did make a change to the color.

You apparently don't understand how haircoloring works. It doesn't work like paint -- you apply it and you get a new color. Haircoloring is transparent. The new hair color combines with the existing hair coloring (whether natural or artificial) and that's the color you come out with.

If you try to put a dye on hair and the natural color simply overwhelms the new color, it may appear that nothing happened. I think that may be partly what's happening in your case.

It's not the brand of toner that will do what you want, it's what you do to your hair before the toner is applied!

Apr 22, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    If you wish to turn brunette hair into a copper color, that would involve lightening the hair. If you bought a semi-permanent color, there is no lightening power in that. If it appeared to turn lighter, then it did make a change to the color.

You apparently don't understand how haircoloring works. It doesn't work like paint -- you apply it and you get a new color. Haircoloring is transparent. The new hair color combines with the existing hair coloring (whether natural or artificial) and that's the color you come out with.

If you try to put a dye on hair and the natural color simply overwhelms the new color, it may appear that nothing happened. I think that may be partly what's happening in your case.

It's not the brand of toner that will do what you want, it's what you do to your hair before the toner is applied!
    So what should I do to my hair before I tone it?
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 09:10 AM

How light do you want the copper color to be? If it's more than two "levels" from your current shade, you can't use a permanent haircoloring to do it, you must pre-lighten the hair to the "level" you want it to be (there are nominally 10 hair levels between black and light blonde).

If the level (of lightness, not the shade) is within two levels of your natural color, you can use a permanent haircoloring to do the job.

I am assuming that your current hair is not dyed. If it has been dyed, you'll have to use a color remove like ColorFix or Color Oops to remove the artificial hair coloring before proceeding.

I just looked up "keune semi colour 7.66" and it's labeled as a "Bright Red Blonde". That sounds pretty light. There's no way you can do that without pre-bleaching.

A lot of folks on this forum will suggest going to a professional to have it done. That's not bad advice. It can be done at home, if you do your homework and understand what you're doing.

Apr 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Oh so I should bleach it :S
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 11:23 AM

That makes the most sense.

I'm worried, however, that you don't understand exactly what's involved. Have you considered going to a salon?

Apr 22, 2009, 12:58 PM

Yea
    But I'm scared that if I'll blech it it will be permint and if I don't like it I'll have to wait 2 weeks :/
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:25 PM

I don't understand the two weeks. Hair doesn't heal so there's no delay if you don't like it. I guess the real question here is, "are you sure of what you want?" The only way to "try on" haircoloring, especially if you're going lighter, is to use a wig. If you are sure of what you want, then get it done.

You need to understand that if you damage your hair, it is permanently damaged -- it doesn't "get better". It doesn't matter how many conditioners you try or how you baby your hair. Once it's damaged, it's damaged until it grows out.

Also, you really owe it to yourself to be certain of what will happen to your hair. What the bleaching process does; what colors your hair will go through as it's bleached; how long it takes, how to tone and the best products to tone with. I suggest visiting these sites and read some of the posts. They can be most enlightening.

Bottle Blondes Board

The Going Blonde Message Board

Apr 24, 2009, 10:35 AM

OK thanks... I going to do it differently cause since I hve curly hair you know how 2 curls go into each other I'm going to do I one red and the other chocolate brown or black :) going to do it aat my hairdresser. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tried the plunger thing and it didn't work [ 3 Answers ]

my dual sink drains slow and when i wash dishes, i have to hold the stopper down in the wash sink when i am rinsing in the other one, because it bubbles up and knocks the stopper lose. when i use my garbage disposal it shoots groung food into the other side. i read where i should have a friend hole...

How to get 20 yr old to try things our way her way didn't work [ 3 Answers ]

She just graduated ,she has LD and wants to so bad live with her boyfriend who also has LD and neither one of them are able to take care of themselves .he lives by hisself but the disability pays the bills and what he can't his dad does. We want help them there at all. She use to work and have a...

Some one pleaze give me the right input.didn't work. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok... Last year 2007 I didn't work just stayed home with my daughter(2yrs old), I lived with her and her father... he does his taxes every few months and doesn't claim her. I was obviously set on not doing my taxes since I don't have anthing to file for since I have no earned income, But a couple...

PlanB and if it didn't work would he stay [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. I was having sex with a guy (sounds bad) but the rubber broke and he***** you know in side me.. I used plan be but I just got over my mothly like the day before or maybe just that day.. will plan be work ? I took the first one the next day then the sec. one in 12 hrs. I just have a feeling...

View more questions Search