Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Apr 18, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Scars and guys.
    I am very self conscious about my right leg, because it is scarred from a car accident I was involved in, leaving my upper inner theigh serverly scarred and there are tons of little scars down my leg, and I am still getting used to the scars. Thinking about having a guy look at my leg, or anywhere nearr them just makes me upset, cause I don't know how they will react..
    So I am curious to know how most guys would think of scars.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Hun, you are who you are. If someone thinks badly about your scars then they aren't worth a minute of your time. Trust me.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:39 AM

A friend of mine had a flesh eating bacteria in his leg, the kind that usually is fatal, and he had to have about 90% of the skin taken off his leg from his groin to hi ankle. After the skin grafts his whole leg looks like a piece of KFC chicken.
    He is going out with the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen, it doesn't bother her at all

Some people might be put off by it but that is their problem, it's all about who you are, not about a scar on your leg :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 09:19 AM

Do you watch America Next Top Model? There is a brave girl on there that has scars all over her mid area and thighs from a fire that happen when she was younger.

She thought she wasn't going get pick because of it but she did. She came on the show afraid of her body now she embraces it and her considence have soar from being of the show.

I think she is an inspiration for all females and proved true beauty starts from within. You have to love yourself and the skin your in by accepting all your imperfections.

I used to hate my stomach because after having kids it never went back to how it was before I had kids. During my pregnacies my stomach itch and I scratch it even though I was aware not to. I didn't use cocoa butter everyday because I hated the stains that it left on my clothes with being so greesy. So now I have stress marks on it and use to be self conscious about it but now I not. My fiancé accepts them because it is part of me and if he couldn't, well I wouldn't be marrying him.

If a guy can accept you for you than you don't need him.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 11:50 AM

Hi Sodium... any decent guy will not give a fig about your scars they will just thank the lord that you survived the car crash.

Things like these are often phycological,making the scars seem much more apparent then they actually are, have you considered plastic surgery?

You may be able to get some help with the cost if it's considered that it is affecting your day to day life.
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Apr 22, 2009, 07:51 PM

I actually thought it was amazing watching her go on ANTM even with her scars, and it has helped me deal with it a bit..
    And I find out if I can do anyhting with my scars surgery wise in the three or four months
    WeasleWes3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Use perfer on or something I used to use vitiman c on scars from surgery on my ankles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Get rid of my scars [ 2 Answers ]

I have terrible scars from hurting myself. anyway, they're everywhere n last summer wos horrible cos I had to cover up. And this year is even more terrible cos I cutted myself in more places. Its really getting me down. I just want t them to go away. I know there are some creams or wotnot out...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

View more questions Search