Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wesley thompson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Ny state tax extensionwhat form would I use to file an extension for ny state taxes?
    What form should I use to file an extension for ny state taxes?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 10:43 PM

Check at your state web site.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
    It is more than likely that your state does not have an extension form, as the states have realized that they truly have NO functionality.

I DO wish the IRS would take the same position, but that is not likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file State Tax Return? I have 2 pages in W2 form. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Lasst year I was in US for just 1 month and 2 days on H1B. My client office was in NY and I use to live in NJ. I received my W2 form which has 2 pages. It shows state tax for NY = 300$ and for NJ it is $1.04. My total earnings during this time was around $6000 (Gross). Do I need to file my...

Which California state tax form to file? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello tax experts, My wife is a non-resident alien and she has opted to be resident alien for tax purposes. We filed the form 1040 (long form) by declaring her foreign income in line7 along with my W2 wages, filed form 2555-EZ (foreign earned income exclusion but no housing deductions), filed W7...

Do I send W7 form with state taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm attaching a W7 for my wife because she has no SS#. What do I do for my NY state taxes then?

Form to use for file state '04 &'05.Live in NJ and work in NY [ 2 Answers ]

Need to file state taxes for 2004 & 2005... resident of NJ but worked in NY. Which form (s) should I use to do my own filing and save some bucks? Or if I want to save myself, pain & suffering, what's the average cost to use a tax professional? I'm single female, no kids.

View more questions Search