Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    short and sweet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Problems with Neighbours
    I have a problem with my Neighbors above me. They continue to run and bang what would be my ceiling. Lately its been so bad to the point where my pictures on the walls are falling off and breaking one being a really old family pic that is not replaceable.

What can be done about this?
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 13, 2009, 11:06 AM

Do you own, or are you renting?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2009, 11:09 AM

Have you talked with them or the landlords? Do these disturbances happen at night or during the day?

By the way, a falling picture may damage the frame, but rarely the picture.
    short and sweet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 11:54 AM

I am renting and the noise happens during the day. The portrait when it fell off the wall went down the stairs and the glass shattered which scratched the pic. I have talked to my landlord but it seems nothing is getting done
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2009, 12:23 PM

Unfortunately, people are entitled to make some noise during the day. And a case could be made that your pictures where not hung properly.

When does your lease expire?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:50 AM

Unfortunately the unruly tenant is allowed to do this or rather have their little monster children run up and down the apt. Asking them nicely to cease will not cut it - even if you would call the police out. It is happening during the daytime and not at night and unless you have a job where you work at night and need your rest in the daytime, they have every right to make all the noise and thumping that they wish between 8AM and 11PM and it's perfectly legal. Had a similar problem that I solved by moving elsewhere. Either anchor your pictures to the wall with heavy duty anchors, take them down altogether, or move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nuisance Neighbours [ 1 Answers ]

We have a problem family that live in our road and they are harassing some of the neighbours. What can be done about them

Nuisance Neighbours [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get helpful Free Legal Advice about my nuisance neighbours, they continually make noises in the middle of the night and at different time of the day, I am finding it impossible to sleep without being woken up, the noise sounds like they are drilling for oil. I am a Pensioner and this is...

Neighbours living below me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, It states in my lease agreement that if neighbours below me complain of noise I have to lay down a carpet. I have lived here for 5 years and have never had a complaint but new neighbours have recently moved in donwstairs and have requested I lay one down. If I do not comply what are the...

Help me get my neighbours out before I lose it [ 7 Answers ]

My neighbour keeps phoning the police on me for noice when she's the one making all of it banging slamming till 3 4 in the morning dog barking all night her partner punched my partner as he was being nice and telling him not to get in the car drunk as he will kill himself we have a sofa if your...

Nuisance Neighbours [ 9 Answers ]

When I first moved here in May 2002 I was approached by my neighbour. Rather than welcome me into the neighbourhood she started laying down the law to me about the grass area at the front of the house. I found that to be quite unwelcoming then, as I was still moving in and was not quite settled...

View more questions Search