Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 10, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Giving a child 2 middle names. Is it a bad idea?
    Is it confusing to give a child 2 middle names?

If I have a boy, I want him to have the same middle name as his father, however there are a few first name/middle name combos that I like. I just want some opinions on this. Is it too much? Will it be confusing for identification later on in life? What middle initial will he use?

artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 02:33 PM

As a Catholic,you get a confirmation name when you go through that rite.Many people have two middle names.
    I don't think it would be confusing legally.
    Middle initial would most likely be the first name after his given name.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 02:46 PM

My friends son has four middle names! Yep four.
    He's 18 now,and has never had any problems,he's actually quite proud of it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 02:47 PM

I would have loved it, especially if any were the names of grandparents or beloved relatives.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 10, 2009, 02:50 PM

My son will have the same middle name as his father and grandfather (Marc) and my daughter will have the Same first name of her grandmother and middle of her great grandmother ( Catherine Marcelle). So it will be a family thing. :) Thanks for everyone's imput. I just didn't want my chind to think he/she was weird. Hehe
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
    I think 2 middle names is a great way to honor family members. It will also make his name more unique. And when using initials, he can do it however he wants. Either John A. Smith or John A.B. Smith.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 02:54 PM

I'm a librarian. It will be terrific and unique for ID as a library card holder. You would never believe how many John Smiths or Manoj Patels there are.
    SDGRIFFIN Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2009, 09:41 AM

I don't think it is a bad idea or will be confusing my best friend has 2 middle names it is pretty.. I love it!! Best of luck
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 08:52 AM

I don't think it's a bad idea at all!
    My daughter has 2 first names; Jaedyhn-Jaye Autunm Luck! :D
    christinacounci Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:56 PM
    My friend's husband has two middle names and she says they run into problems all of the time with legal/offical documents. However, I was considering the same thing if I had a boy this last time, but it didn't matter since I had a girl. Look at George H.W. Bush.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 12:43 AM

I have 2 middle names and I love it, I think your son will too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support after giving up rights to child? [ 1 Answers ]

If the father gives up his rights to his child does he still have to pay child support?

Middle names changing [ 1 Answers ]

How much and can I change my baby's middle name

Going about giving up a child [ 8 Answers ]

Im engaged to this great guy. We have a little girl together. He also has a little boy with another girl and he's not sure if its his. She won't let him bring his son around me and our daughter until he gets a paternity test done with his daughter. The only problem is that we know that he is the...

Middle Child Syndrome/Joining the Military [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I have two questions to ask, but they go together so I just wanted to make one thread. I am wondering if middle child syndrome is real? I am asking this because of three children, I am the middle one. My older sister is 20, and I have a younger brother. Well for some reason everything I do...

My middle child is driving me nuts! [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mum of 3 children ages 3, 6 and 8. My middle child is nasty to his little sister, insists on whistling loudly from the moment he wakes up until the second he falls asleep and is consistently rude to me and his siblings punctuated by the odd tantrum when he doesn't get his own way....

View more questions Search