Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortandsmall Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Goodness my teeth are BAD!
    Help! I have really bad teeth!
    I'm 16 years old
    I have braces
    For a few months I didn't really brush my teeth. I mean I would brush them but not good and not always with tooth paste and some days even I wouldn't brush them at all. Now I started to notices that my gums are showing a LOT more of my teeth. And they are getting a little yellow. I mean I know I can always use whiting strips to make them LOOK better. But I don't really FEEL better about them. Just want them back to how they were and I'm really disappointed in myself on how poorly I treated my teeth. How do I get the gums to grow back? What really scares some of my teeth are getting looser and I'm afraid is that they might just fall out one day!

Please help! Thanks so much!:)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Hello gingivitis! Start taking care of your teeth now- or the consequences will be even greater.

On your next appointment to your dentist [or schedule one] tell him about your problem.

MRS.S
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2009, 07:48 PM

Don't you see your dentist about the braces on a regular basis?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 08:28 PM

First see your dentist for a professional cleaning and check-up. Next start a good hygiene routine which includes brushing twice a day and flossing. For braces, you can use a pik to help clean the ginigival area.

What has your orthodontist said about your dental hygiene, or lack thereof?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 05:12 AM

I have nothing to say that has not already been said. :)
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Mar 31, 2009, 05:40 PM

Your teeth are loose! It is normal to have a SMALL bit of mobility during orthodontic treatment, but if they are loose, and your gums are receding, that may be a big problem. Excessive force from the wire or movement of the teeth outside the jaw bone can be disastrous. Please voice your concern to the orthodontist ASAP, start brushing, and use listerine until the bleeding has stopped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gap between teeth [ 11 Answers ]

What's the name of the dental procedure to close the gap between teeth?

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Oh My Goodness:Solve The System [ 3 Answers ]

Solve The System x + √3 y = 4√2 √3x+y=2√6 Help! I just can't seem to figure this out. And I have no idea where to begin with it.:eek:

Power Source protector with alarm. Going off. Goodness. The noise is killer [ 1 Answers ]

OK. My internet died.. and I shut off the router and the power surge protector shut off too. Now the alarm is going off and I can't get it to stop

View more questions Search