Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BECKY09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 03:10 AM
    My soon to be step daughter
    Hi I was wondering how much truolbe a 11 yearold can get in trouble for hitting pleasse cn you tell me why she so angery her mom left her ant seen her but 3 times she just lived 5 blocks away she moved to Ohio ant been back since I can't press up on her that thire never a reason to hit can you help
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 04:55 AM

Tell her that's its inappropriate, you are a parental figure, and that she can't take her anger out for her mother on you.
    tammerzrocks777 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BECKY09 View Post
    Hi i was wondering how much truolbe a 11 yearold can get in trouble for hitting pleasse cn you tell me why she so angery her mom left her ant seen her but 3 times she just lived 5 blocks away she moved to ohio ant been back since i can't press up on her that thire never a reason to hit can you help
    It sounds like this 11 year old is going through a hard time maybe she needs someone to talk to and not to yell at her... maybe someone who is not you, that she feels less threatened by. I see this all the time in day cares where the child will strike out at the parent and not a stranger. And in some cases even at a stranger. If they keep getting the attention they want from you or others they will not stop. If they are ignored then maybe it will get better... I'm not saying to let them harm any one. Just to give them space.
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 11:55 AM

Clearly she has alot going through her mind punish her for hitting there is no reason for that....but sit her down and talk to her about how shes feeling about everything because she may only be 11 but she is still a little girl who misses her mam try bonding with her and building a trust with her xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step daughter [ 7 Answers ]

This is another problem we had along with the other post. Something I need to know if I'm right or wrong. My husband has a daughter he raised since she was 9, he spoile her and never told her no and still doesn't she is 25. When we first got together she sang in kerokie bars and at fairs etc... ...

Step Daughter in Prison [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am asking these questions on behalf of my step daughter. She and her father (to whom I am married) arrived in the US on a green card/visa in 1996. She is currently in prison waiting trial and conviction for 3 theft charges(by several credit cards, stolen checks and money stolen from her...

Concerns about step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I am very concerned about my almost 14 year old stepdaughter. She has had multiple problems over the last year and half. She looks like she is 19 years old for one thing and this attracks the boys and she is very inappropriate with her sexuality for her age. She has gotten into trouble at school...

Adopting my step-daughter [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been raising his daughter on his own since she was about 6 weeks old. When we started dating she was a little over 2 years old. Her birth mother has been in and out of her life since she was born and pretty much just did it because of a jealousy thing. She had weekend visitation on...

Step daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I got married 7 months ago, he has a 19 yr. old daughter whom I got along with until we got married, she tried to ruin the wedding and acted really bad at the reception, getting into a big fight with her dad that night and didn't say a word to me the whole night. After we got back...

View more questions Search