Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Mar 6, 2009, 01:22 AM

MsMewiththat,
    Not a day has gone by since receiving that unblocked call from my ex where I have not thought about what she could have wanted. The prank call, though, pretty much told me that she does not care about me, disrespects me and my privacy, and does not care about the time we have known each other and the good times and bad we've been through.In fact, I interpret it as she just hates me. I hate her likewise, but at least I will never stoop to her level. I still think about her everyday-I would not be human if I didn't. I'll never forget what she put me through.
    Contacting her ever again is out of the question-Bermuda will have to freeze over before I ever reach out to her again. After being apart this long, I can live with the fact that I'll never see her or talk to her again. I already went out on a limb and apologized to her this time last year when we actually had a conversation over the phone-all she did was laugh at my words and told me that she "liked somebody else". Me and my dad had a falling out about 5 years ago and we went over a year without speaking to or seeing each other. I even passed him in the store one time and we both ignored one another. Deep down though, I still loved him and we patched things up but it took my daughters funeral to get us talking again. With my ex, there is no love deep down anywhere and her actions are only screaming to me that it's OVER-a done deal. How could I ever talk to her again?
    She(my ex)may be doing a good job of angering me, but that is only pushing me further away and giving me all the more reason to finally wash my hands of this whole thing. Anger has always been a powerful motivator for me.
    I can see where you're coming from with putting the whole thing to rest and getting some closure, but after all this time, I think I am better off just staying silent and not undoing the progress I have made over the past year.
    Thanks for your insight into this-it did make a lot of sense. Take care for now... Jason

Mar 6, 2009, 03:42 AM

Kp2171,
    Just thinking about how childish and immature it was of her to prank call has really helped me cool off. At first, I was madder than a hornet-she had no respect for me or my privacy when she did that. In fact, I almost felt as if my intelligence had been insulted for even answering the call even though the only things I said were "hello" and "you must have the wrong number". I gave her what she wanted-my permanent absence from her life and all the privacy she could want to do whatever the Hell she wants, but she can't respect me. Surely she can't be miffed that I at least didn't make a few more romantic overtures to stroke her ego or pucker up and kiss her posterior or the ground she walks on. She's 26 years old and still makes childish prank calls and lame text messages. She's certainly not normal! Her actions are pretty crappy and lame in my opinion.
    I've tried to block the "No Number" calls, but my wireless company says that in order to block any type of number, they would require me to sign up for an additional feature that is an extra $5.99 per month. It's just as simple to never answer a blocked call again-if it's important they'll leave a message. I feel like changing my number would be a bit extreme as well-she's not doing this everyday. It seems like the only time she rears her head is when I am starting to move forward and least expect it. I've had the same number for over 4 years now but if this gets to be a regular occurrence I'd consider changing it.
    She's like a headache-she's getting to me right now but I'll get over it. She's only making me angrier and pushing me away even more when she does this. I try to use that as motivation to do something constructive and better myself.
    Well, I'm in a much better place now and I've had this forum to vent my frustrations and you all have really helped. Take care in the meantime... Jason
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2009, 04:31 AM
    jason...

venting good. =) getting pi$sed, priceless. Nothing like a little directed anger to help you focus on yourself and your priorities.

age means nothing. The ex that pestered my wife was no younger than your ex girlfriend. Even after he lost his job, tied to harassment charges, he continued from an out of state, unlisted number.

finally... and this is well over a year and change after the breakup, hell, I think it was after we married... so that's two and change... one night I picked up the phone, heard the noise, and I waited a moment and said "look... you lost your job once for this noise. im documenting this again. will pursue it again. but really... you have nothing better to do with your life than lose your job and your self respect? do you really want to explain to your sister and mother why you once again lost a job due to prank calls?"

honest truth is I was on shakier ground than before... wouldn't have been as easy to push the harassment noise without the access to records like the company had... but still... the threat seemed to take effect.

by the way... he also stopped for a time, earlier, when I once said "every time you call, im going to take my wife into bed"... but eventually that wore off I guess...

for some reason, that last time it worked. He stopped calling. I'm guessing he only called when he was drinking and pi$sed.

I have an irish temper. I've done more than my fair share of dumb things. Haven't prank called ex loves... but I'm sure I wouldn't stand tall on a soap box before someone could easily knock me down.

still... I'm right there with you. I might have wondered if my ex was happy, if shed moved on, if she was with another, etc... but I didn't need to waste my time on dumb calls to see if a man answered or not.

guess if you really want to mess with her you could get a woman to record your phone message... but then I guess that head games played with a head case.

sorry about all the dumb, needless noise. Glad venting here helps.

Mar 7, 2009, 01:50 AM

Kp2171,
    If I was married and my wife's ex kept calling her, I'd be pretty ticked off. My ex has been married once before and that only lasted several weeks. Still, the ex-husband continued to resurface from time to time and caused trouble. He'd show up at her work(and was kicked out by security), drive by her house, and contact her friends trying to see what she was up to. We broke up on account of him one time-she received a Christmas card from him over a year after the divorce and I got curious and read it. Well, she did not appreciate it and stopped talking to me for a time. I don't see how some exes just can't let it go. There is nothing wrong with not being over someone, but that is pretty screwed up when they have to impose themselves on their ex. After me and my first girlfriend split up in high school, I did a lot of stupid things following the split. I'd call her and when she answered just wouldn't say anything(back in the day before cell phones and caller I.D. was rampant), drive by her house, write her letters, and send flowers to her house. After I got over her, learning that she was married, I pretty much learned a valuable lesson that there is nothing you can do to change their mind. If they're going, let 'em go. Let God deal with them.
    Glad to hear the calls stopped. It would drive me insane if I had been in your shoes. I've got a hot temper too but I would never do anything to get me in trouble. I wonder what is going on with my ex, but after her making that prank call, I can only hate her for it. It just shows that she's still childish and immature and even if she happened to get married or have another child, she wouldn't have a clue. Whoever is with her now must be ready and willing to babysit and do everything for her. For crying out loud, she maxed out one of her credit cards in two months buying nothing but clothes and other useless crap!
    Take it easy for now... Jason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What or Who really is the Holy ghost? [ 3 Answers ]

The Holy Ghost or spirit belief has been debated over the centuries of who really was the holy spirit or what is it's purpose.I only want the views of others on this topic

Holy Parrots. [ 4 Answers ]

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, 'Father, I have a problem. I have two female parrots, But they only know how to say one thing.' 'What do they say?' the priest inquired. They say, 'Hi, we're hookers! Do you want to have some fun?' That's obscene!' the priest exclaimed, Then...

Holy mother [ 4 Answers ]

Well here is a great piece of inFO. If anyone knows my story then here it goes, ex cheated on me in the end of July or mabe who knows how long. We broke up in the end of July, we have a 2 yr old son and I just found out that she is engaged to this guy who lives in Florida and she lives in...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

View more questions Search