Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephen19690_2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Bad acid I think
    OK since about age 22 been having this bad acid in my belly and get heart burn so bad thought it was a heart attack now I am almost 32 and been to see so many doctors and all say is in my head some give me something for it but this only mello's it is so bad at times if I am laying under a car have to get up because I bring up what seem to be acid can any one help me on this or could it be something else
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 06:15 AM

Hi stephen, it sounds like you have acid reflux which is quite common. I don't know what you mean by seeing 'many' doctors and not being diagnosed. That is far out.

Here is a website with some excellent information on acid reflux, symptoms, treatments, etc.

astrazeneca.ca/en/conditions/condition.asp?cn=Acid%20reflux
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 06:16 AM

Or of course is it brought on by stress or pressure
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:26 PM

Acid reflux. For the longest time doctors said it was in my head as well. Finally the symptoms got so bad they had to investigate and do more tests to confirm. There are many ways to alleviate the symptoms. You need to demand for investiagations through your doctor. Whether he thinks its in your head or not it is your job to be persistent and demand certain tests to be done to investigate what is the cause of this.

Stress and etc,, can aggrevate this situation but does not cause it.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Feb 17, 2009, 12:24 PM

I suffered HORRIBLY from this, but have not had it one day since my gallbladder was taken out (though that came with it's own new and exciting condition lol)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 06:50 PM

Your diet plays a major part in any kind of acidic problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid did not go down [ 5 Answers ]

I was told by the guy at the hardware store that if plunging and using a snake don't work, try sulfuric acid. I bought a bottle and followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. The instructions say to flush five times when the drain is open, but I don't think it is and I'm afraid of...

Amazed With Results! Glycolic Acid and Kojic Acid [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will...

Acid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Skittles, This thread is quite old and I don't know if you or anyone else is still reading it but I felt so compelled to reply I had to sign up. Im 29 yrs old and in my teens and early twenties I tried a few drugs, pills, coke trips (acid) but I wanted to comment on the cannabis issue. Im...

Muriatic acid [ 3 Answers ]

Can I use muriatic acid to clear my shower drain?

View more questions Search