Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runner555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 05:32 AM
    I Am Hesitant to Talk About Sexual Desire
    I am a senior citizen and losing sex drive. I want to enhance sexual desire but am worried about risks with over counter vitamins
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:48 AM

Hi again, runner555!

I just moved this post to this forum topic area out of Introductions for the same reasons that I moved your other post.

Your post will get much more exposure and better answers here.

Thanks!
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Jan 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Are you having any other physical problems such as enlarged prostate or ED along with the loss of sexual desire? Typically loss of sex drive is caused by low testosterone levels and/or increased estrogen levels. Have your doctor do a complete hormone level tests of LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), testosterone and estrogen along with thyroid T3 and T4. This should give him a good idea of what is going on and whether you need hormone replacement therapy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 03:55 PM

Have you discussed the issue with your doctor ?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 07:37 PM

Forget about dosing up on vitamins... go to a physician who specializes in seniors(those kind of doctors are in large metro areas), otherwise a urologist.

Get an exam of your urogenital system and blood tests to check your hormone levels, etc.

I have to tell you in America there is a big increase in sexually transmitted diseases in assisted care living facililties. Seniors love to have sex... probably think prophylactics don't apply to them, but they do. :)

Good Luck with the exam.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 08:15 AM

I agree speak with your physician... self medicating with vitamins can be dangerous... overdosing on certain vitimans can lead to serious consequences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labor unions and the reason to be hesitant [ 2 Answers ]

What might be some of the reasons a "new collar"would be hesitant to join a union?:)

Vitamins to increase sexual desire [ 2 Answers ]

What vitamins have been proven to help sezual arousal in woman. I am a 28 year old woman who had a son 2 years ago. Since then I have had absolutely no sexual desire what so ever. It is ruining my marriage.

Lack of sexual desire [ 1 Answers ]

My partner has a lower libido than mine and we just don't get around to having intercourse often how can I improve our sexual life?

View more questions Search