Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eweaver Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 05:10 PM
    How do I determine if I have a yellow or olive, warm or cool skin tone?
    It seems like I've read all of the advice out there but am still having difficulty pinning it down. My skin is medium-light, has some freckles, and doesn't tend to burn. In some lights, it looks yellow; in others, it looks cool and ashy. I'm trying to determine this so I can pick out a decent hair color. Should I avoid red? Does it matter if it's light, dark, cool, or warm? I've been told I have olive skin before, but it varies depending on body location. The back of my neck - yellow and olive; feet - yellow; hands - cool.
    I have medium-blue eyes and natural medium brown (with a slightly reddish cast) hair with light gold highlights.
    I am absolutely puzzled and hope someone can figure out where I'm at or if I'm in the middle/neutral (and can, therefore, get away with pretty much anything?).

Please help? :confused::confused::confused:
    Thank you!!
    ingrid119 Posts: 63, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2008, 05:17 PM

You sound like you could be of Black Irish decent, which is olive. Do you think you can find a picture of a celebrity that has the same skin as you? When guessing the skin I would focus more on the face and neck.
    eweaver Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ingrid119 View Post
    You sound like you could be of Black Irish decent, which is olive. Do you think you can find a picture of a celebrity that has the same skin as you? When guessing the skin I would focus more on the face and neck.
    I guess we've finally found a use for such celebrities :p... but, no, I wasn't able to find one (tones varied too much from picture to picture).
    I looked up "Black Irish", and the consensus seems to be they're just like the regular ol' Irish except for the dark hair, perhaps due to different ancestry. I don't think my facial features would pass as Irish really.
    If someone can't choose between olive or yellow, what would they lean towards? Is it possible to be a "cool yellow" or a "warm olive"? I have some Cherokee in me as well as some Northern European... and that's about all that I know of.

This seems to be getting a little silly... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

Monobenzone on olive skin [ 4 Answers ]

Hey Guys/Girls/Ladies, I have been reading about the things on skin lightening section for a while... And as far as I remember, there are some members like Vahid, sara_uk and ligtherr Who has had some good experience with monobenzone... To them and also to the rest of the forum members, I...

First warm, later cool air [ 1 Answers ]

From an email: ''Dear Labman, You seem to give really intelligent answers on the website I just found on heating problems. Can you help me?. here is the problem as I described it. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you might share. Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor...

View more questions Search