Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Dec 27, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Never Happy, Time to let go?
    As I'm sure some of you have read my thread 'my boyfriend whont wear condoms'. Now I've been sitting here and realized a MAJOR flaw in who he is as a person and I think this might cause the end of our relationship.

HE IS NEVER HAPPY!!

Let me explain... I a the type of person who is always happy with anything I drive a 94 isuzu trooper and I love my car, I never met my father but I never complain ilive with it. I can be happy with no presents for my birthday as long as I am wished a happy one. I'm just happy and thankful for what I get!!

Him on the other hand is never fricken happy. And now that I realize this I am pissed! For instance... the condoms... condoms aren't good enough he wants to not use them for his own pleasure. When he got his license his mom GAVE HIM A CAR!! A nice one too 2003 volvo c70 convertible. It was good on gas, it was nice, BUT it wasn't fast enough, it was a piece of , it wasn't the right color, it didn't have rims blahblahblah. I would have kiled for that car. His remote control car wasn't good enough, he just bought a new car and the deck in that car isn't good enough so he bought another one, and now that one isn't good enough because its not a touch screeen!! He got a pitbull that killed another dog and when my mom bought me a dog for xmas that dog wasn't good enough because he's little and to nice and not scary looking! He traded his phone in for a blackberry but the blackberry wasn't good enough so now he has an iPhone, yet he still complains. What he got for xmas wasn't good enough and when he returned it and got store credit there was nothing good enough in the store to buy! Like come on are you joking me?? Macys is one of the best stores for men and women but he couldn't find a dman thing there... Then when he went to the gym he was never big enough,

And now I'm starting to realize that everything he's ever complained about in our relationship was because I AM NOW NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! I don't clean the house good enough, The dishs aren't done enough, the laundry isn't done enough, there's not enough food in the fridge, you suck at driving, you waste money, you don't have a GOOD ENOUGH JOB!! I can't take it anymore... I don't know if I'm looking for someone to tell me I'm right or if I'm looking for a solution I just don't know... but will someone please explain this behavior?!

A little background info on him. He has 2 little bros and a little sis. His step mom wouldn't let him have anything, a car, toys, a cell phone and always had him locked in the house. She even had him put in juvie for a week to show him what it was like. His step dad broke his nose 3 times and knocked out his teeth on top of numerous beatings between. His mom is a rich b***h and treats everyone around her like crap, including him and his dad wants nothing to do with him now that he's living on his own.

I just don't understand and my anger and resentment is building up inside of me like a balloon, and I'm almost ready to pop. Im so annoyed and frustrated and sick of it. I am good enough I'm pretty I'm thin I work hard I cook great and I clean like a house mom so I know that I am 'good enough' but nothing is good enough for him

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... please someone give me some kind of advise I'm literally going to hurt him when he walks through that door. I don't know what I'm going to do, I've never been so hurt in my life. The saddest part is that he admits that he feels as is nothing is ever good enough for him, but he doesn't know how to make that go away. But I can't take the mental abuse anymore. I sit in my house staring at walls wishing he wouldn't come home, because when he does I know that he will just pick apart my cleaning and cooking and tell me what a failure I am. Im scared to leave him because I think he might come to my moms house and hurt me, or break in the windows of my car or slit my tires. I also know he'll never let me go he will die before he leaves me alone... even though I'm 'not good enough'

I hope that made sense and I just I don't know... please help id love for it to be fixed but I have a feeling its beyond repair.
    oldenoughtoknow Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Dec 27, 2008, 11:03 AM

Sounds like he has had a tough upbringing but that's no excuse to treat you like . I think you already know what you want to do. If you think you could resolve things and you would like to give it ago. By the sounds of it, you would be better off outside of that relationship before he brings you down.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Dec 27, 2008, 11:13 AM

Sounds like he's a spoiled little B###, if I were you, id leave him, that's just me, but if he's selfish enough not to wear a condom during sex, because he doesn't like it, then he's no good
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:42 AM

Don't prolong the agony, as its time for better things, than suffering, and being miserable.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:42 AM

I think I picked up in all of what you wrote that you are realizing nothing, not even you, is good enough for him simply because he doesn't believe HE is good enough. He will always be searching for his own value while saying he's looking for "stuff" that has value that unconsciously he thinks will give HIM value.

I'm betting dollars to doughnuts that he will refuse to meet with a counselor who deals with self-esteem and personal value issues. If it makes sense to you and you want to try to salvage this relationship, tell him you are seeing a counselor (and start going to one) who is going to help you decide about you and him staying together and making things better. The counselor will, somewhere along the way, ask him to come in for some sessions. Meanwhile, you will be getting some valuable counseling on how to deal with your bf's neediness (that's really what it is). Of course, don't tell him this plan, and maybe it will work out to help him in ways you can't imagine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

"I am not happy, I just need time by myself" my wife says. [ 9 Answers ]

"I am not happy, I just need time by myself" my wife says. What does that mean? I think that she is trying to tell me that personally she is not happy. That she can’t happy with us unless she is happy with herself first. I want to give here the space she need, I am just afraid of losing her. We...

Happy dog! [ 2 Answers ]

Trink is finally coming off cage rest! The vet has said to start adding exercise in small increments (5 minute walks this week, then adding 5 more minutes per week, as long as Trink seems to handle it ok). And she is just ecstatic about getting to go on walks again! The vet actually said to do...

Happy dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can dogs smile? Every time I rub my dogs belly and he rolls over, he opens his mouth and it looks like he is smiling. Is it possible?

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search