Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindylouw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Lump on thigh, no insurance
    My boyfriend has a lump on his inner thigh. It's about 3 inches from his groin area. It's about the size of a dime, maybe a little bigger. It's hard and under his skin. It first appeared about 5 months ago. It's the same color as his skin. He said it hurt when it first appeared, however now it doesn't hurt unless you touch it a lot. It seems to move when you touch it too. It hasn't seemed to changed size at all. He doesn't have insurance so we are unable to get it checked out.
    ruthmarx Posts: 41, Reputation: 10

Nov 29, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Can you afford not to get it checked?
    Many hospitals and teaching universities have a sliding scale payment plan that adjusts to your income. Try your social services office, too.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 09:44 AM

You have come to the right place for many things, but not this. We can't diagnose, as you can imagine because we can't see what you are describing. Don't you think though, that this is important enough to have a doctor look at it ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindylouw View Post
    My boyfriend has a lump on his inner thigh. It's about 3 inches from his groin area. It's about the size of a dime, maybe a little bigger. It's hard and under his skin. It first appeared about 5 months ago. It's the same color as his skin. He said it hurt when it first appeared, however now it doesn't hurt unless you touch it a lot. It seems to move when you touch it too. It hasn't seemed to changed size at all. He doesn't have insurance so we are unable to get it checked out.

Please don't keep posting the same question - post in the appopriate category and wait for answers. I realize you are worried but the various threads only get confusing.

I think it's impossible to diagnose a medical problem with any degree of certainly without actually examining the patient - which requires the help of a trained medical professional.

This also does not appear to be a skin problem.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 29, 2008, 10:28 AM
    >Threads merged<
    Please don't spam the site
    cindylouw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    >Threads merged<
    Please don't spam the site
    I wasn't "spamming the site". I've never used this kind of thing so I don't all the little rules.
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 12:58 PM
    i wasn't "spamming the site". I've never used this kind of thing so I don't all the little rules.

You may want to review the rules and suggestions for use. Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ: <u>How To Use This Site: Reading and posting questions and answers</u>
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
    i wasn't "spamming the site". I've never used this kind of thing so I don't all the little rules.

You had to agree to the rules when you joined the site, it's always a good idea to read what you are agreeing to.

As for your question, we can't give you a diagnosis over the internet, we'd only be guessing and if we guess wrong it could be fatal.

Your boyfriend needs to find some way to get to the doctor for a checkup, even if it means doing without a few things, like internet access, for a while in order to pay for it.

Good luck.
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You had to agree to the rules when you joined the site, it's always a good idea to read what you are agreeing to.

As for your question, we can't give you a diagnosis over the internet, we'd only be guessing and if we guess wrong it could be fatal.

Your boyfriend needs to find some way to get to the doctor for a checkup, even if it means doing without a few things, like internet access, for a while in order to pay for it.

Good luck.

I also wonder about free clinics - in my area the Cancer Society does free of charge referrals for lumps and bumps that are of concern to people. I don't really know much more than that but it's a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on inner thigh [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 42 year old man and I frequently get pimple-like bumps high up on the inside of my thighs on one or both legs. They are soft and not firm, and are easily manipulated. They are not particularly tender or painful, but they are annoying and unsightly. I tend to try to squeeze them out like a...

Inner Thigh Rub Rash [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has large legs, though he's not an obese man. He has a continuing problem of a painful rash developing from the rubbing together of the legs. He's tried rash ointment, boxer/brief type underwear, it just doen't seem to help. Is there another solution to this that we have not thought...

I found a large lump about the size of a baseball on my upper thigh? [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed a large lump on my outer thigh about the size of a baseball in diameter. It is not painful, nor have I experienced any trauma to my leg. I do have a cyst on my upper back. Suffer from high blood pressure as well. It is not hard. I plan to call my doctor on Monday, but any ideas what...

My 6month old has a lump on her thigh [ 1 Answers ]

I was getting my daughter ready for bed tonight, and noticed she has a small lump on her left thigh. I plan to call and make a Dr. appt. tomorrow. In the meantime does anyone know how serious this is/isn't? I am a first time mom and FREAKING out!

View more questions Search