Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perplexed1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2008, 07:44 PM
    To trust a mutual friend or not? Still not sure how she feels about me.
    All right, so here's the deal. I'm crushing hardcore on a girl I know (E) who's basically amazing. She's extremely cute, has an awesome personality and we have a lot of the same interests. She's kind of goofy / silly which I find really attractive, we're both engineers, and we both enjoy outdoorsy stuff like skiing, rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, etc.

Last week we went on a kinda-sorta-date (climbing then went out for ice cream), and then on an official one 3 days later. We walked to the restaurant from campus which was really fun, and we had dinner and walked back. The date was really fun, the food was amazing and I think it went really well but for some reason I was really apprehensive about it. I was talking to a mutual friend a couple days later, and she said that E was really fond of me as a friend, and said sorry afterwards as if to say she doesn't "like you" like you, which is what I was kind of afraid of. I found it kind of confusing seeing as it was her idea to walk to dinner, and she asked me straight up if it was a date before we went, I said yes and she said OK. So anyway, we both went climbing yesterday with this mutual friend and it all seemed really chill. I tried to remain friendly and there were no awkward moments.

My concern is though, E never straight up told me herself that she liked me more as a friend, I only heard it from a third party. To kind of get a feel for how things are going between us I asked both E, our mutual friend and a couple of my other friends who they kind of know to go to the local science museum to see one of those massive 180 degree IMAX movies. I sent it by email, and haven't heard back yet, but I'm not worried about that. My question is if I should trust the mutual friend and back off, or if I should try asking E on another date maybe after thanksgiving and see how it goes. I had in mind a walk through Boston on the Freedom Trail which she mentioned during out walk to dinner.

Sorry for the novel, but I'm just curious as to what people think about this whole thing. I personally don't think that the possibility of us dating is dead, but I wouldn't be too upset / surprised if it were to be the "just friends" thing. Thanks in advance.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 09:34 PM

Talk to her. You'll never know until you do that.

Ps sounds like she likes you to me though!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 12:45 AM

I agree. Do NOT go by what the mutual friend said.
    You never know. It could have been a misunderstanding, or E was embarrassed to say she liked you, or hadn't made up her mind yet... Or she just meant she's not in love at this stage.

Keep doing things together and getting to know her. If you are having fun together, that's great!
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 04:12 PM

I think its ounds as if she likes you. It might be that she has talked to this mutual frienda about it, but she might not have. Or she might have wanted to keep it on the down low and keep it to herself until she knows for sure that you like her.

Personally I'm kind of like that and I think a lot of guys and girls are as well... that we are scared to get hurt, so we play it safe until we know for sure. So you should just ask her out again and see what happends,

Both on group things and the two of you alone. The trail thing in boston sounds like a good idea! You should ask her to do that, but just the two of you. :)
    blfabila5 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2008, 08:34 PM

It sounds like she likes you but take it slowly and don't rush into anything. Keep going out on dates with her and if its meant to be then it will happen. If she didn't like you more than a friend then she wouldn't be calling any of the things you do together "dates". Don't listen to what others say, action speaks louder than words. Only she knows how she really feels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has my trust been violated by a friend? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who is also my physician (gyno). We became close friends due to my rocky marriage. I began to confine in my physician about my personal life due to him asking me personal questions on my relationship. He does tend to get too personal but I still find myself telling him details of...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

I don't trust my friend [ 11 Answers ]

OK here I go me and my friends were like about 15 and like to do crazy stuffs like drink and all ,but the thing is I have one friend that is sort of just so right like she's so right that she respects everyone and would not do anything crazy if its not acceptable (boring) anyway once at our launch...

View more questions Search