Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolice123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Hiding in a relationship
    I have lied to my boy friend before about a few things and later I have admitted that I have lied to him and I told him the truth.. but I haven't told everything about the truth... is it okay if I ignore a few things in a relationship and keep things to myself?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 08:46 PM

Everyone is allowed there own secrets. To a degree...

When it comes to someone else emotions though and if you have done something to them that could later damage the relationship it is only fair you tell him..

But could you give me more detail as to what kind of things are you hiding?

If its. I have a horrible form of S.T.D yeah you should tell him.
    If you have cheated on him you should tell him.
    If you stole from him yeah you should tell him
    If you killed his cat yeah you should tell him

But if you have some personal things in your life you don't wish to share with him. I don't see that much of a probable with it
    A relationship is all about finding out about one another :)
    And in time I'm sure everything will come up
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:09 PM

To be honest, it really depends on the "things you've kept hidden"... I don't think a couple should tell one another EVERYTHING there is to tell (in my opinion, secrets just keep the relationship more sane) but if there are some things that you have done that involves the relationship (you cheated on him... you stole money from him... etc) I think you should definitely tell him.
    dolice123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:09 PM
    It's a little complicated... when I was in a relationship with my boy friend I had feelings for one more person and got physical with that guy... and later realized my mistake and told my boy friend about it just recently and but haven't told him everything about it... as in.. I had got physical with the other guy 3 to 4 times and I have told my boy friend that it just happen one day and haven't told him no. of times it has happen.. is it okay if I hide the no. of times its happened from him although I have told him I have got physical and cheated him and realized my mistakes...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 09:26 PM

You felt guilty, was not completely honest, so do you still feel a bit guilty?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:45 PM

I personal think you should tell your boyfriend everything about that.

I would not be so forgiving. 4 times!
    My god women.

I think you should tell your boyfriend the number of times
    And you are feeling guilty
    And you should feel guilty!
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Nov 6, 2008, 10:02 PM

I agree your only hope from here on out is 100% heart to heart honesty. Not just about this but about EVERYTHING if you want even a chance at him really trusting you again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding from abusive ex [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was in a short relationship with this guy who ended up being emotionally, physically and mentally abusive. I left getting a restraining order and being pregnant at the time. Still pregnant I am scared he will find me and sue me for custody and visitation rights to his child. I am so...

Is she hiding something [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend Raven have... or HAD a really close friend and all of a sudden she just started acting really different. I mean she doesn't really talk to us as much, she doesn't goof off with us anymore, she doesn't even laugh at anything funny we do. We really feel like she is hiding something...

Hiding emotions [ 2 Answers ]

I foolishly fell in love with someone. I have never met a man like this before. He didn't like to kiss or even touch hardly at all. His wife left him after many years of marriage, three kids. He told me that he doesn't show feelings because that way he won't get hurt. I am on my own again,...

Hiding programs [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hide a program from the Add/Remove List in XP? Not sure which yet I want to hide, but like say MSN or IE or something similar. How would I reenable them to the list if it is even possible to remove them to start with? Thanks.

8 months. Old cat, hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My family just purchased an 8 month old Maine Coon cat. He had been living in an apartment with 3 adults, his parents and 2 other cats. He now spends the day under my daughter's bed and at night when we're sleeping, eats and uses the litter box. He lets us pet him when he's under the bed and has...

View more questions Search