Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zitro106 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 08:17 AM
    F.Roth etching - signed
    F.Roth painting
    I have an original etching by F.Roth.It is the Canal de L'yonne. It has in the bottom left hand corner some marks that read , I believe to be an SZL in a circle. I have been everywhere trying to find answers on this and I sure hope I can get some.If any body out there knows anything about the artist and where I can get more information, I would appreciate hearing from you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 04:13 PM

Hi, zitro106!

What you have is a print produced by Sidney Z. Lucas, who owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960.

There is considerably more information that you can find out about those prints by clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Francis Roth etching Le Foucheret [ 1 Answers ]

I have a French etching signed by Francis Roth. I bought it at an estate sale. The very old sticker on the back reads: French Etching Artist's Proof Original in Color by Roth #311 Title: Le Foucheret Copper plate being inked and painted by hand Hand made proof Published in Paris Plate...

Signed Watercolor etching by Henri Jourdain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- My grandparents left me this art work and I'm curious about it's origins and potential worth. This is a beauriful watercolor in greens and brown of a canal, watermill and mill house in the french country side. Signed in pencil. Would anyone know his history and what his etchings sell for?...

Color etching by F. Roth [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching I recently acquired that is titled The Fevres Street. It is signed by what looks like an F Roth. It states on the back of the frame (11 Sieux Normandy France) limited edition of original artists proof. Does anyone know what value this may have or some feedback on where to have...

F. Roth etching [ 1 Answers ]

I have a framed etching by F. Roth titled: "The Yonne Canal, France" from the "Paris Etching Society and distributed by TURNER. it has "Paris Etching Society" with a copyright stamp written in the top right corner and the title of the etching in the bottom left corner with SZL within a circle. And...

View more questions Search