Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    losttranslation Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Husband has a close female friend, is it normal?
    My husband has an old female co-worker he talks to more days then not. They talk on the phone and text. I use to read the messages but now he deletes them, probably because he knew I was reading them. They rarely talk when I am home. He claims they are just friends and often make the point he works with a lot of women. This is true but he does not talk to any other of them nearly as often. I have caught him lying about going to the bar and he always fesses up. I know a few times other people were there, as well as her, but who knows for sure about other times. I have questioned him about this and he always gets defensive so we fight. The last big fight was when I found messages that they were going to meet out but she went there he was not there so she left. I am sick of wondering and being afraid to confront him because we always fight. What do I do? How do I talk to him? Do I believe him? Can men have female friends?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 05:07 PM

Men can have female friends but if your instincts tell you it is more and he is lying, getting defensive and giving her excessive time and attention then I would worry too. Sounds like they may have started as friends but very possibly it could be developing into more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Can men have female friends?
    I do, and always have.

I found it very helpful to introduce my female friends, to my then g/f. She KNOWS THEM ALL PERSONALLY.

They are friends also, so there is no mistrust or suspicions at all. Over the years she has introduced me to her male friends, we get along great. We always invite each other to events, or parties with our friends, sometimes we go together, sometimes we don't.

The bottom line is to know his friends, and keep an open mind. Another thing is always know where your partner spends time. (Even my kids always know where I'm at).

Don't assume without facts, but his reluctance has you questioning his actions, that's what you confront, his lack of reassurance to you, and his being forthright with what's going on. Jealousy, or insecurity, will ruin everything.

Is that why you read his texts??
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2008, 08:36 PM

Have you ever met this friend? If not ask him if she wants to come over for dinner. If he acts funny then I would think something more is going on.
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 11, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Maybe he is hiding something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband has female friend [ 18 Answers ]

I need help! I need to know if I am being ridiculous for worrying about this or if I have any real concerns... I know that I am a jealous person by nature... I love my husband, and don't like him getting close with other women. He does have a few female friends from before we became married...

Financed a car for a close friend, and I am now trying to get rid of it. [ 1 Answers ]

I finaced a truck for a close friend, with the agreement that they where going to pay the monthly payments on it. It has been over 4 months and after the 2 month grace period, no payment has been made on the account. I need to get rid of this car, I do not want it in my name any longer. I need...

Husband does want wife to read e-mail from female friend [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I have another relational issue. I have had trust issues within my 6 year relationship with my now husband. We dated from 5 1/2 years, and have been married 8 months. During our courtship I was jealous of my husband's female friends (and I must admit, although I'm getting better... I...

View more questions Search