Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Need a friend Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 04:49 AM
    No Joy In Life
    Hi I am 36... Though I feel ike a teenager with all the emotional ups and downs...
    I feel I should be over this... whatever it is. I just want to be happy. I sometimes get a glimps of it but... nothing. I want to WANT to do something. All I want to do is sleep. Deep down I have a lot left to give the world I just feel so tired, bogged down and selfish for focusing on myself. I have tried medication and don't want that... any other suggestions. I know a big part of my problem in everyday life is this... but there are days I just don't want to get up and go on. I expect that once in a while... But I don't look forward to anything, nothing makes me happy. I don't want to be around anyone. I do the same thing day after day get up at 4 go to work at 8 get ho,me at 7 clean cook do paper work... or what ever needs to be done. And get to bed as early as possible, just to do it all again the next day. I know I can handle anything life throws my way with the right attitude, and some happiness. I just spend my life feeling like my best friend just died. I think about ways to end it (I WOULD NEVER DO IT) BUT why do I even think about it. I mean it pops in my head 15 times a day. I just need some relief! BUTI feel weak and angry that I can't just get over it. I mean I am an adult! I am 36 not 14... and I am tired of fighting SO HARD just to do everyday basic things. It affects every thing in my life.
    Any suggestions, Please! I wrote on medical prob. They are partially due to this.
    coolkidjones Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 10:12 AM

Have you considered companionship? If I were you, I would try to look for someone. I believe there IS someone out there for everyone and I think you should try and find someone! Take any invitation you get to go clubbing or out to a bar or whatever. Never reject an invitation unless you really can't do it... and remember "never regret the things in life you do, we regret the things we dont do" - mama's boy

Oct 27, 2008, 07:59 AM

I have a relationship... and 4 kids... but thank you for the advice.
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Just my suggestion. Get yourself more religious, it really can help. Do you set any goal for your future?
    How would you like to be at the future?
    Focusing on yourself is not a bad thing's at all, be positive if you do that. Try this...
    Get in your mind that YOU are the kindest, honest, responsible, love your family, full of energy, etc <do not allow any negative mind like: I can't do, I must be fail.. >.
    Write down that words on a paper, place it to where you can easily see.
    You want to change right? Then YOU must believe that YOU can, yes, its your body, your mind. It was controlled by YOU, not anyone else.
    Hope the best from you, good luck sir..
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Need a friend View Post
    Hi I am 36...Though I feel ike a teenager with all the emotional ups and downs...
    I feel I should be over this....whatever it is. I just want to be happy. I sometimes get a glimps of it but ....nothing. I want to WANT to do something. all I want to do is sleep. Deep down I have alot left to give the world I just feel so tired, bogged down and selfish for focusing on myself. I have tried medication and don't want that...any other suggestions. I know a big part of my problem in everyday life is this...but there are days I just don't want to get up and go on. I expect that once in a while....But I don't look forward to anything, nothing makes me happy. I don't want to be around anyone. I do the same thing day after day get up at 4 go to work at 8 get ho,me at 7 clean cook do paper work...or what ever needs to be done. and get to bed as early as possible, just to do it all again the next day. I know I can handle anything life throws my way with the right attitude, and some happiness. I just spend my life feeling like my best friend just died. I think about ways to end it (I WOULD NEVER DO IT) BUT why do I even think about it. I mean it pops in my head 15 times a day. I just need some relief! BUTI feel weak and angry that I can't just get over it. I mean I am an adult! I am 36 not 14...and I am tired of fighting SO HARD just to do everyday basic things. It affects every thing in my life.
    Any suggestions, Please! I wrote on medical prob. They are partially due to this.
    Hi,

I would like to know what medications you were on, and how long you were on them.

I am a big believer in the use of all possible help when I get down,up,or even in between.

How did those meds you took make you feel?

What have your attempts been to relieve the symptoms you have today?

Have any of them done any good?

If someone truly wants to end the chaos they are in, they would be willing to try almost anything.How much more of this do you think you need to take the first step?

My past posts in the mental health area have this reminder in them,

Insanity is doing the same things,expecting different results.

Do the issues you have make it seem like you have tried all means of treatment, or just a few till they got burdensome,or something distracted you from focusing on a solution rather than the problems?

I am not a psychiatric Dr. I am someone who has been to many many classes,groups,therapists,Drs.psychologists.etc.

Many questions I have already asked(I am also an infomaniac,a trait from being a gemini... lol)many answers have come to light in these sessions with professionals.
    These are my qualifications,take them or not.

I only ask for you to keep an open mind about treatments involving possible medications,as I believe in them for my life.

Hope to hear back from you,

KBC

Nov 8, 2008, 11:25 AM

KBC :The Meds I remember:
    Celexa 1 year helped at first but side effects were an issue
    Effexor: 2 years helped some but I couldn'rt sleep(1hr a night) so added seroquel- weight gain foggy was no way to live I can do that without meds
    Wellbutrin: zombie 6 mo.
    Lexapro Nothing
    Abilify 1 mo. Muscle twitches Dr. Said no... No noticeable change.
    Prozac (16 yrs old) Suicidal
    Serzone
    Zoloft-
    Desyrel
    Risperdal
    Tegretol
    Depakote
    Lithium -would not take
    These are alist of what I can remember taking and mixtures of what Has been prescribed for that and sleep as well.
    I have tried Therepy of and on. Lasting a year or more with no results. I have tried B12 and other B vitamins which helps with energy. Amino Acids, fish oil st. Johns wart... I currently takeLorazepam BUT only once a month or less... Only when it gets too much. It does help calm me down but does nothing for depression. I have seen a dowser chiropractor and a woman who works with Chakras. I have had hypnosis and have listened to subliminal and self help tapes.
    I am open But I know that meds just change the symptoms. I either don't care, don't sleep, sleep all the time... or eat everything in the house. How is getting BIGGER helping?
    Ok so I am fine today Wed. I conwsidered checking into a psyc ward. Seriously! Why is that what changed.
    How I helped myself WED. I took 1 Lorazepam. Listed to music that normally helps with my determination. Went to my quiet place in my head and repeated out loud I am Fine I am OK I CAN do this. I am a good person People love me I am nedded I am beautiful I want to live. I can make it through the day work will go by fast smile I am OK. Then I drove to work and... worked and put on my happy face for all to see!
    I went home at 6 and went straight to bed and slept until 6 the next morning and was fine.
    I HAVE tried. I have changed my life, eating habits, friends, work and everything I can to make my life work better for me and those I love... But The nasty monster keeps coming back.
    Any suggestions? I read about a shot that is being looked int... starts with aK they said it helps but... ]
    Anyway... HELP!

Nov 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Sorry about the spelling errors...
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 11:45 AM

It's great to hear back from you!

Have you been checked for diabetes? Seroquel does have diabetic side effects.
    I only ask because it happened to me...

For the past year or so(as my missing posts for that long will testify to) I slept for 20 hours a day.hard to make a living that way, but medications were doing a 'Great job"on me.

I have had significant changes in them recently.

Lamictal,and your Celexa(I don't see any side effects from it though)as well as the diabetic meds,my weight is coming down to a reasonable level,sleep is back to healthy,appetite seems better,outlook on life is improving, seems like I found a nitch I can live with.

I would like to see you find one also.

I realize you have been on as many meds as I have,but still, isn't there a chance some kind of mixed meds might work?

For 15 years now I have been on so many different ones, some lasted for 4-5 years,then stopped for whatever reason,others were a lot more short lived,it is a process,and disheartening often enough.

Please,look for medical help,you know it had to work for SOME period in your life,why can't it do so again today.

I am on your side,I'll look forward to your next post,

Ken

Nov 8, 2008, 12:41 PM

I am sorry about the rough patch and I can relate. I was on the seroquel for a year or so but... I have been checked recently for diabetes. I have tried so many mixtures of meds. Yes they worked but to such a small degree and at a great price. Until I can find something that the side effects are not worse than just dealing with this I... well I just don't see the point. I can't afford to lose my job as I am supporting 1 family and helping to support another. My ins. Is so pitiful( had to purchase on my own) that I might as well have none.
    I am afraid to upset what little balance there is left... ya know. I guess I want it all. I want someone to tell me EXACTLY why I have this trouble, what to do about it and then I want them to fix it with little or no problems... did I mention I would like it to be free?
    Just as you said... Insanity is doing the same things,expecting different results... Well I am ready to try something different. I am not insane just Unique, Personality challenged, a bit off... I am ready for some RELIEF!!
    I am so glad you found some. I just feel trapped in this cycle. I think it is gone... then here it comes!
    You are very lucky. I wish you all hapiness and so glad you can live again... because this... this is not living, it is pathetic.
    Thank you for your ideas. I enjoy visiting with you I will be back tomorrow.
    fighting life Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 09:22 PM
    It sounds like CHRONIC FATGUED SYMDROME to me. Ask your doctor.
    Good luck.

Nov 9, 2008, 10:29 AM

Thanks will do
    lostandfound314159 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 04:03 AM

Unfortunately, I do not feel confident enough to try to lend advice (also, I only read the first post and not the responses, who knows what kind of knowledge was dropped).

But at any rate,
    All I wanted to say is that I'm 20. I'll be 21 in less than a month. I am the first person in the entire extended history of my family to go to college, as well as the first male in the known history of my family to not serve in the active military.
    I am studying a really hard, purely academic science.
    I am really good at it.

And

I could be great. If I let myself be.
    I don't know why, how or because of what
    And I do recognize how lucky of a mother er I am...
    But I feel the same way.
    All. The. Time.
    I just don't really enjoy it, and I know you know what I'm saying.

I guess my point is, you're not alone. I don't have any answers at all, but simply the comfort of company is significant enough to mention.
    You are not alone.
    I love you, and no matter what you keep that chin up! :)
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 09:06 AM

You sound depressed :(

Do you have any animals? As corny as it may seem, animals are the best pain reliever. They're soft, cuddly, they never judge you, they're always there for you no matter what!

You could also find a hobby that you enjoy doing it and DO IT. Force yourself to do it every day. Even if it is 5 minutes a day, you still did it. You still accomplished something that made you feel good inside.

Ever thought about getting a fish tank? Fish tanks are the best type of stress relieve and relaxer. They can be easy and they can be challanging, depends on what you want to raise.

Animals can give you a sense of self worth. It's a creature that depends on you. Anything you give to them, will make the happy and grateful.

My dog makes me so happy. Every time I come home she is sooo happy to see me. Even if I have a bad day, its such a relief that SOMEONE is glad I'm around.

You sound like a responsible person, you may want to look into getting a pet of some sort if you don't have one already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Useful Life [ 6 Answers ]

Which depreciation method does not take into consideration of the useful life? A) Straight-line B) Double-declining C) Units of production D) Sum of years digit E) No answer I think the ans should be E although the ans given is C because useful life can be in the form of unit time or unit of...

How do I get a life? [ 3 Answers ]

Mom! Get a Life! By Kari Andersen A day in the life of a mom is not always a pretty sight! For those moms that have babies and have chosen to stay home with them, it’s a day filled with diapers, crying, accidents and laundry. For those moms who have babies and work outside the home, it’s...

View more questions Search