Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Men and Women, what's the difference?
    I've always heard that women are more connected emotionally than men are, and that they are more sensitive. That when it comes to relationships, it's about love and emotion, not the physical part. And that they are not as visual as men.

I'm a little bit confused though, if these are just stereotypes. The problem is, I'm basically the complete opposite. I'm extremely visual, it's how I learn best. I'm also extremely physical, when it comes to me and my fiancé, when I'm in the mood, I can't turn it off. I'm always looking for physical contact- it's the best way to voice to me that you care, and the best way for me to let others know that I care. And I'm completely desensitized, especially to violence and death. I have never cried during a movie, I have never cried because of a friend or family member's death, and I have gotten made fun of for it. Sometimes girls try to tell me love stories where someone dies, and they all start tearing up, and I don't. They call me a freak or unemotional. It's true that I cry, when I'm angry enough to, or when I'm obviously upset at something. I mean, I watched The Notebook, which was supposed to be really sad. It was a good movie, a good story, but I couldn't find the part where I was supposed to cry, at the end I laughed because I couldn't decide when I was SUPPOSED to cry during the whole movie.

Does this mean that I'm not like the average female, or is everyone just different when it comes to this? I think the reason is because I grew up with 3 brothers, 1 twin sister, and have been exposed to so much violence- especially in movies and video games, and even things I played when I was younger (I had barbies, but I had GI Joes too, and the barbies always ended up with GI Joe weapons and armor) The first chick flick I ever seen was the Notebook, I'm 18, and that was less than 3 weeks ago. It could be just how I grew up, but I'm not really sure why I am like this, when other girls that I know (besides my sister) are not. My main question is:

Are there more differences within the sexes, or between them?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Everyone's different. But, originally lacking a pulse, I've gotten more emotional as I've gotten older, as new things I experience will trigger a past memory that forces an unavoidable identification with whatever the experience is. For example, you're not as likely to be made tearful by a guy in a movie who lost his cat if you've never had a cat as someone else who had a cat for many years but accidentally backed over the cat one day with the car. I think it depends on your specific type of mental processing. I'm visual too. You might want to read up on Meyers-Briggs personality types. Unless you have a third eye, wings, horns, or some other cool aberration, I think "freak" would be a stretch. Those calling you that are probably just jealous because they would be reduced to sobbing heaps of useless flesh at the first sign of an endangered kitten, while you, calm and composed, would rescue the kitten, save the day, win a medal, have a Library named after you, etc.
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 11:16 PM

I know a lot of guys who are sensitive but I think that the 'tough' label has been put on guys to seriously. Like woman having to be sexy. Guys and girls laugh, cry, get angry etc. Guys say girls are to girly for touch footy! Bull *censored*! I love being tackled or jump over the goal line and skid across the grass (like you see on pro footy). I know girls at my school don't care if a guy is sensitive or cries during a movie etc. We don't have to be what we've been labeled as. And anyway all guys are sensitive :) Hopefully that made sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex with Big Women [ 74 Answers ]

Is sex better or just as good with a big woman as opposed to a slim woman. Would be interested in your views.

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

When Women Lie [ 5 Answers ]

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the water. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "My dear child, why are you crying?" The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her...

For the women [ 4 Answers ]

THE HILLBILLY VASECTOMY After their 11th child, an Alabama couple decided that was enough as they could not afford a larger bed. So the husband went to his veterinarian and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to have any more children. The doctor told him that there was a...

Any Other Women Have This? [ 6 Answers ]

I have another question for all of you out there, if you don't mind? During sex with my boyfriend I get seriously gooey. Sometimes it's clear and sometimes it is a darker color, sometime I bleed a little bit. When we are done there is usually a big clean up. He has to clean himself up and I do...

View more questions Search