Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Sep 24, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Windscreen Spider Crack
    Hey everyone.

I have a 2001 Fiat Punto that has a spider crack near the top of the windscreen on the passenger side. I know that spider cracks get bigger with time and I need to get it sorted very soon. I heard that you can repair windscreens without having to replace the whole thing, but I looked into it more today and found out that the chip/crack has to be more than 5cm away from the edge of the windscreen to be able to get it repaired. Problem is, the spider crack on my windscreen may be less than 5 cm to the edge and I will have to get the whole windscreen replaced if this is the case.

Does anyone know, roughly, how much a fiat punto windscreen would cost to replace in England? I only have a third party cover and I would have to pay for it myself. If anyone knows how much it would be approximately in english pounds, that would be really helpful.

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 02:51 PM

I would take your car to one of those places that does the crack windshield repair and see if they can fix it for you. I had a stone chip my windshield and had it fixed just fine - then the windshield was in an accident and I had to have the whole shebang replaced so I don't know how the repair fared after 2 years. In the 2 years the repair held just fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What spider is this? [ 8 Answers ]

3913 Hello. I recently discovered this spider (dead) in my bathroom. I live in the UK, but have never seen this spider before, nor has anyone I have shown it too. Though the picture does not show it very well, the spider is bristling with black hairs over its legs and is about the size of a...

Spider? What it is? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Im in the southwest of the UK found this spider on the fence outside my back door and accidentally painted it LOL so the legs stuck on the fence, really creepy looking and just wondered if anyone knows what it is as I've never seen one before.. please note its not red its black LOL ...

Windscreen wiper needed for Alfa Romeo 156 [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy second-hand a complete windscreen wiper arm for Alfa Romeo 156 (2004 Model). Based in Ireland.

View more questions Search