Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huntz14fun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 07:46 AM
    01 f250 7.3 diesel waterpump
    I replaced the waterpump on my f250 diesel,with a new waterpump from my local napa auto parts store,now I have a vibration in the engine,any ideas as to why? Replaced belt,hoses and water pump at the same time,
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Did you replace the tensioner and idler pulley? Some people have problems with aftermarket serpentine belts. Dayco invented the serpentine belt/tensioner assembly for the Ford Mustang years ago. Their belts, idler pulleys, and tensioners are exact OEM replacements--I like their products. Also, check for any out-of-balance possibilities.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Is the vibration constant or does it come and go? The bearing in the water pump could be bad; did you buy new or remanufactured?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Won't Start [ 17 Answers ]

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Will not start and have done the following: All new glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and glow plug leads. New fuel filter and fuel pump, new crank sensor. High Pressure Oil Pump exchanged with known used good pump. Bled fuel system - NO water present....

Ford F250 Diesel [ 8 Answers ]

How do I change the head in my Ford F250 diesel?

2001 F250 diesel hard starting [ 1 Answers ]

My F250 diesel is hard starting when it sits overnight in cold weather. The glow plug (wait to start) light comes on for about 10 sec. but doesn't stay on as long as it did before this started to happen. I'm thinking glow plugs maybe. How is the best way to check the plugs out short of replacing...

Broke 2002 f250 7.3 diesel [ 1 Answers ]

My truck won't crank it tries but it seems like the batteries are low voltage was good on them but dropped when trying to crank all guages shoot to left when key is turned then fall back in place also sounds like rattling noise coming from pump mounted on wall of passenger side under hood starter...

View more questions Search