Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 11:06 PM

Yes, we'll do this later...

One last thing though... you did mention something in an earlier post about the Spell Check not working. Did you mean the Spell Check on this site or on a program that you're using?

Thanks!
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
    This site
    I have tried it more than once.
    nanc1430

Sep 28, 2008, 02:56 PM

I have just been going over the contract clause you put in your contracts and was wondering how this would work with me.
    I am working for the contractor and don't deal with the customer directly. How would something like this be worded for my situation? Does the contractor have to sign this or do I have to get signatures from the office?
    Thanks
    Nanc1430
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Clough

Yes, we'll do this later...

One last thing though... you did mention something in an earlier post about the Spell Check not working. Did you mean the Spell Check on this site or on a program that you're using?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by nanc1430

This site
    I have tried it more than once.
    Nanc1430
    Hi, nanc1430!

The last performance for the show was this afternoon, and then I had a major rehearsal for something else this evening. So, I'm really just ready to veg out and not really get into something where I need to think a lot.

Concerning the Spell Check thing. I have checked it, and the one that's available at the bottom of the posting rectangle isn't working for me either. However, many months ago, I switched over to the one that's in the upper right hand corner of the posting rectangles where the ABC is located.

I think that if you click on it, a box will appear for how to download it. That Spell Check is working just fine for me and I like it a lot better than the other one. There were problems with the other one even before it quit working altogether.

Sep 28, 2008, 09:43 PM
    No problem you are entitled to veggin out sometimes. Everyone needs it.
    Catch you again when your rested and not busy.
    nanc1430
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 09:51 PM

Thanks! Please try that other Spell Check thing and let me know if it works for you. Ok?

It works great for me, even though the other one isn't working now.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 10:00 PM

Nanc and Clough... HI,

I was called away for the weekend and just got back and settled in. It is about 12 midnight and I am tired, have a big day tomorrow so I am calling it a night. I will try to get back on tomorrow afternoon or evening; Monday if I can.

Stringer

Sep 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Stringer and Clough

Talk to you both tomorrow

Nanc1430
    Business Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 10:11 PM

Sounds like a plan... good. It has to be after 1am there Nanc... get some sleep, you will need it.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Sounds like a plan...good. It has to be after 1am there Nanc...get some sleep, you will need it.
    Yeah, I agree! :)
    Business Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 05:12 PM

Hi Nanc,

How are you?

First do me a favor and go back to my post # 65 and please answer the questions I posted, this will give me some insight.

One of the first things I would like to establish is that you clearly separate in your mind the difference between residential type cleaning from commercial.

Anything that has to do with houses/homes even house construction clean ups are residential type cleaning. Any cleaning that is businesses; non-profit/profit is commercial. Example if you do a clean up of a house for a contractor; residential. If you do a clean up of a bank, store, warehouse, etc; commercial.

It will be better if you separate the two, it will be easier. My expertise is primarily in commercial with backstage experience in residential (wife's business).

So please answer post # 65 and we can go further hon.

I have read all of your posts and Clough's and have taken some notes for myself to cover with you.

Warning... I am dead serious about success and what is necessary to be successful my dear. So if you disagree with me on any points, let me know please... as I learn something new everyday. And I am 63 years old... yeah... but my wife has trouble keeping "that little boy" in me in check...

When you are ready come back. I will be in staff meetings tomorrow (Tuesday) from early morning until about 5 pm my time... 6 pm yours.

Stringer

Sep 29, 2008, 05:19 PM

Stringer,
    Thank you for trying to help.
    I did answer your #65 with my #66. If I left something out, please let me know.
    I am only going to be working with contractors, real estate, property mgmt. residential and office cleaning.
    I was told that contractors is considered commercial cleaning. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
    Let me know also if you did not get my #66.
    Thanks
    nanc1430

Sep 29, 2008, 05:25 PM

I need to know when do you send the contract to be signed? Do I send this with the bid?
    Do I send the glass waiver with it also or when? I don't know what comes first, the horse or carriage. Need some help with that aspect of it also.
    Are you able to send me something like a contract for me to see or aren't you allowed?
    I have one but don't know if anything was left out or if I need to put something in it.
    Thanks
    nanc1430
    Business Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 05:37 PM

"How long have you been in the residential cleaning business?
    How many homes are you presently cleaning?
    How many employees presently? (Possibly move some good ones over to commercial to have a base of good workers...)"
    -Stringer, Please answer these...

My proposal and contract are one and the same. And the last page is the "signature page."

Everything should be covered in this proposal/contract.

For example in the specifications list exactly what you are to do in detail and what the price is: Lump sum for a one time job and a monthly price for on-going business.

Then list the "options" that are available; cleaning windows, large trash removal, possible stripping and refinishing VCT floors, cleaning upholstered chairs, etc, if not in the basic price. Cleaning (extracting) the carpets (detailed vacuuming should be in the basic proposal). Line item these things with a total price or as a second choice; a price per square foot.

I will look into copying one of my proposal/contracts, but I will have to take the time to erase all pertinent information as per HIPPA. This will take some time.

Also I have at least three primary proposal/contracts as different client markets apply; medical (detailed), regular office, construction clean ups, etc.

You want to make it as EASY as possible for you prospects to become clients. BUT you MUST do your due diligence as far as CYA...
    Stringer.
    Business Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 05:51 PM

I have to leave for a while Nanc... I am sorry... if I can make it back here later I will...

Sep 29, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Hi Stringer
    I currently have three new houses for contractors that I am working on. I just started this business down here in Florida. I was only doing residential up north for 17 years but the owner passed away and they dissolved the business.
    I just started the residential and office cleaning part of it and thought this would take some of the slack up when I'm not busy with contractors. If and when I do get busy with contractors, I will have employees to handle the rest of it along with me checking on them.
    I know I can do this. I just need to get started the right way.
    I was doing some cold calling and found this complex in the making. We went in to see the foreman and he said that it was a company from Texas that is doing the construction and they do have a cleaning company coming with them. The foreman said that he told them already that he wanted a local cleaning company. I told he we were just around the corner and we could handle everything that he might need.

I went right home and got a letter mailed out to the contractor in Texas saying if he gets a cleaning company from Texas that he would be paying travel expenses along with perdiem and that we would love the opportunity to service his cleaning needs. (I sort of played stupid when I wrote to him saying I didn't know if he already had a cleaning company) I just wanted to give him something to think about. There are certain cleaning clauses in some contracts that will let him out of it under certain circumstances.
    I also said if he already had a cleaning company I would appreciate it if he would put me on his bid list for the future or when the contract ends.

I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I am pulling a list of new permits applied for to see if I can get a jump on the cleaning companies.

I am also finding out what construction companies from other states that do work here so I can send them an introduction letter before time.

I don't know what is usual but it seems good to me. "Early bird gets the worm"

If you see anything I am missing or isn't right, please let me know.

I will be on later tonight as it is 10 p.m. and I haven't even had dinner yet.

Thank you
    nanc1430

Sep 29, 2008, 09:59 PM

Clough and Stringer Thank you
    I'm sorry to have to pick your brain but that's how I have to learn.
    Glad you are here!
    nanc1430
    Business Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 06:01 AM

Just briefly, before I have to leave for "all day" staff meetings today.

For the most part there are two basic markets; Residential and commercial, for our thought processes:

Almost every thing else falls into a niche market. Please refer back to my explanation in my prior post Nanc.

Cleaning on a regular basis of either of these markets (nightly or semi-nightly) is interfered and allows steady income.

Construction clean ups, in my opinion are a side line to the commercial business and visa versa...

If this is to be you main source of income we need to redefine our thinking hon.

Later, I am not a champion of sitting in one place for hours... but that is my fate today.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Hi Stringer,
    Sorry I missed you.
    I do like construction cleaning along with real estate-move/in's and move/out's & sales.
    I like property management companies and banks-foreclosures. I am now doing residential and office cleaning as it might be more weekly and steady. The residential part of it I am going to give my employees (when needed) to do. I do not want to do that myself but wanted to cover most aspects of cleaning. I do not have any daily or weekly cleaning. I really don't know if I would like that aspect of it even thought it is steady income. I probably won't turn any down like restaurants or something like that but not specifically going after those.
    I will be on later tonight but don't know for sure what exact time. Hope to catch you than.
    Thanks
    nanc1430
    Business Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 06:20 AM
    k...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any responses? [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about hydroquinone

Women's responses only thanks [ 18 Answers ]

I am trying to see how many women prefer men shaving there pubic hair or "downstairs" area :) it would be helpful if you could give a response to what you think and what you would want going on down there on your guy lol thanks

Short responses. What do they mean? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a girl I like, she is extremely shy. I have tried to converse with her over email, giving her compliments, asking her general questions, to try to get her to talk with me. She always responds, but with one or two words... not enough to reply to. I see her at school, but I know she would...

Jack the Ripper responses [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know a site or a book that has some responses to the Jack the ripper murders by eyewitnesses and the media. I need this for a very important history assignment. Please help!

View more questions Search