Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Javeedkhan7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 07:24 PM
    H1B Status to F1
    Hi my name is Javeed Khan.

I have few questions to ask about changing H1B status to F1 status.

1) What is the checklist or procedure for Changing the status from H1B to F1? And the different forms used for changing the status?
    2) After filling for status change, will I be able to join the University and continue my studies till I get the final approval?
    3) WIthin how many days before do we have to fill for status change? How much time does it take to get the reply from INS that the status has been changed?
    4) Before filling do I have to hire a Lawyer to fill the status change?
    5) Will I be able to view my status online?
    My classes will start in by Mid of Sep 2008 and my H1B visa will expire by the end of Nov 2008. Godforbid if it is denied then with in how many days do I have to leave the country?

Your advices will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Javeed.
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2008, 09:06 PM
    U can get all theses answers from the ins web site and also go into the ins office and get all the answers. U can go to the desk and ask theses questions in person and they can tell u everything u need to know. Also they have it all there on papper if u don't want to talk to them u can get the forms off the wall for free

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chaning status from F1-H1B and maintaining F1 Status. [ 9 Answers ]

I got my H1B approved through a Company and Currently I'M on F1 Visa doing my MS , I have a Gap of 20 days between my F1 and H1B ,please find the details below. By May end I would be completeing my second semester and have to register for 3rd Semester (Fall Semester) by 10th Sept ,2007 ,I'M...

H1B / H4 , filing status , dual status [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Indian Citizen who entered US along with my spouse for the first time on 30 March 2007 on H1-B Visa. Since then, I have not changed my visa status to any other visa and I have not travelled outside US. My spouse is on H4 visa. I have the following questions: 1. Am I dual status...

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

OPT to H1 status (dual-status?) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This question has been asked a few times already, but I want to confirm. I have been in the US on F-1 since 2003. I was working on OPT from June 2005 to Feb 2006, and on H-1 from Mar 2006 onwards. Should I file as a resident or dual-status? Based on the previous answers, it seems like I...

View more questions Search