Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brandybell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Parvo in other pets
    My puppy had to recently be put down because of a bad case of parvo. I was told to wait for almost a year to get another puppy and was wondering if it was possible for cats or ferrets to get parvo, or would they not be affected my the parvo that my puppy had?
    Merricat Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Aug 17, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Although cats can get a type of parvo virus, it is what we call species specific. This means that a dog who has parvo can't give it it a cat and vice versa. It's a similar virus, but it only infects its own species. (Likewise, it is not transmissible to humans.) So you are safe to get a cat or ferret.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Capuchins as pets [ 5 Answers ]

Do capuchins make good pets:confused:

Capuchins as pets [ 3 Answers ]

I'm interested in getting a baby capuchin as a pet. If anyone could give me some information about training, purchasing from a breeder, health(shots, teeth, etc) or anything else I need to know, please just give me the info!

Help I am 12 yrs old and very confused about my pets [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a lot of questions 1.my dashound will only eat poop and cat food not her food.I tried to keep her at her food dish for a very long time but she never ate a thing and a little while ago she was getting these lumps that would come and go they went herting her. And when ever she like gets...

Insurance for Pets [ 1 Answers ]

I have been searching for a good pet insurance policy. Does anyone know a good pet insurance company? And does anyone know of any pet insurance company that covers pre-existing conditions?

View more questions Search