Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2006, 01:36 PM
    I've got 2 cd drives and only 1 "CD-IN" plug on MB?
    I've got 2 cd drives and only 1 "CD-IN" plug on MB Do I need to connect the audio both plugs from CD Drives to the board? If yes then is there a place to get a adopter or do I need to sodder it. Also would two into one be safe.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Apr 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
    No, you don't need to connect both to the motherboard, you don't have to connect any if you don't want. That connector simply provides direct CD audio straight from the CD to the speakers. I wouldn't try to combine the two leads, just use one as a designated cd audio drive (if you use this feature at all)
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2006, 04:22 PM
    Thanks for your information I'll use just one from the dvd I use for entertament.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

CD Rom & Burner Drives not listed in "My Computer" [ 8 Answers ]

I am hoping you can help me "reset" my drives. A few days ago I could not use my CD Rom drive nor burner as neither would read a CD. I went into the systems folder in the control panel and disconnected both from the device manger. I did this because there was a yellow icon over each drive and...

View more questions Search