Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Getting money for gold jewelry
    To make sure I get a fair deal, is there anything I need to keep in mind, when I go to one who will give me cash for the necklace. The necklace I hardly wore it because the catch broke.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    ice skatinggirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Hi try several places and ask what they are paying you per pennyweight or per gram in my area one of the larger jewelry store chains pays the best rate but be careful some will pay you 80-85 % of the value and some only 10% to 30% and they make 70 90 % I do this for many of my jewelry customers and pay 85% of the current market value for example at 828.00 per ounce today's rate 14 carat good price is 10.00 -11.00 12.00 per gram hope this helps-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me the symbol on my gold 333 fbm id like to no which country and I've looked and can't find this mark and id like to no the age

About gold-electroplated jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

I just have read and re-read the FTC rules and searched all over the internet, but didn't find anything that would 100% clarify my doubts. So I really hope to get your input! My question is: would it comply with FTC rules to use term "18K gold g.e.p. (or 18K gold GEP, for that matter)" in item...

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

What other places can I go to other than pawn shops to get money for gold. Thanks in advance.

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to get money from gold jewelry. I know about pawn shops, is there other sources. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search