Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Kojic Acid works well for skin lightening
    Hello Everyone,

I had been struggling with ugly spots and an uneven skin tone for about 7-10 years. Since the onset of my menses. I was trying a lot of skin lightners/ eveners with hydroquinone in them. Ialso tried the visibly even Neutrogena line. Which helped a little but not noticeable improvement. I went to walmart, went to where they carry the ethnic hair/skin products. There I saw a new product by Skin Success. It was the skin lightner with kojic acid. I thought it was a little pricey at almost $10. But, Idecided to try it anyway, since nothing else worked.

It will be almost a month later this week, and the results are fabulous. Not all my marks are gone yet. But my skin tone is amazingly even. The marks I do have have lightened quite a bit. Also, I had problems with a dark neck (did not match my face color and a dark forehead. My forehead is now the ame coler as the rest of my face. My neck is evening nicely. I have been using this product with Phisoderm skin wash, and Clean and Clear Blackhead Wash with BenPeroxide. I feel this is really helping the kojic acid penetrate deeped.This is because the Phisoderm has 2 percent salicylic acid and that helps with acne and sloshing off dead skin cells. I also heard that glycolic acid and kojic acid work wonders togther so I purchased some glycolic acid today. I will repost as soon as possible, with results from my new purchase.

Good luck everyone, and I really hope you try this new product! Its great.

Be A Mole
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jul 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Hi where do you get glycerol acid?

Jul 15, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Hi where do you get glycerol acid?
    Hi SassyT:

It is GLYCOLIC ACID not glycerol, and you can order it on Amazon.com from skin laboratories. Once you get to Amazon.com... type in glyvolic acid it should take you to the page with al the glycolic acid manufactures you can choose from.

However, really try the kojic acid at walmart if you are looking for evening skintone. It works wonders!

BeAMole
    gneiss Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Lactic acid, glycolic acid, and other aha/bha are good for the skin. Glycolic acid is more harsh than lactic acid. Make sure you start with a low percentage. I use DDF 5% wash and DDF 10% toner.

Does the skin success you use have HQ in it.

Jul 16, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gneiss
    Lactic acid, glycolic acid, and other aha/bha are good for the skin. Glycolic acid is more harsh than lactic acid. Make sure you start with a low precentage. I use DDF 5% wash and DDF 10% toner.

Yes it does I just saw it walmart yesterday so I don't know... I don't like HQ too many risks :(

Jul 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Yes it does i just saw it walmart yesterday so i dont know... i dont like HQ too many risks :(

No the product I am talking about does not contain HQ. The product is called Palmer's Skin Success: Eventone Ultra Fade Serum With Patented Kojic Dipalmitate Complex.

Jul 16, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gneiss
    Lactic acid, glycolic acid, and other aha/bha are good for the skin. Glycolic acid is more harsh than lactic acid. Make sure you start with a low precentage. I use DDF 5% wash and DDF 10% toner.

No, it does not have anyHQ in it. It is called Palmer's Skin Success: Eventone Ultra Fade Serum With Patented Kojic Dipalmate Complex
    gneiss Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Thanks hun, I definitely have to check that out. I would buy it online but I think I need to go to the store to see it because many palmers skin success stuff contains hq.

Did you look at the back?

Thanks

Jul 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAMole
    No the product I am talking about does not contain HQ. The product is called Palmer's Skin Success: Eventone Ultra Fade Serum With Patented Kojic Dipalmitate Complex.
    That is it! If you look at the back of the box it says active ingredient HQ 2% trust me.. if you no longer have the box check it out when you go to walmart next

Jul 17, 2008, 04:36 AM
    You might be right but that little percentage of HQ qill not hurt you... not like using a 4% HQ. Plus, HQ in combination with Kojic acid leads to great results.

Good luck ladies(and maybe gents)!

Jul 17, 2008, 04:38 AM
    Also I went to the dermatologist and found out that the discoloration of my neck is not due to poor hygiene(I think I am darn clean) but due to dry skin. She suggested lubriderm, and said that dark skin will eventually crack off. As it usually does and leave a brighter skin tone.
    jalle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAMole View Post
    you might be right but that little percentage of HQ qill not hurt you...not like using a 4% HQ. Plus, HQ in combination with Kojic acid leads to great results.

Good luck ladies(and maybe gents)!

Hey BeAMole:)
    Im yoanna and I'm 17
    - I want to ask u some quation about Kojic Acid.. can you help me ? ;/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does kojic acid have side effect? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking of buying Diana Stadler creams and soaps.ive seen on this forum that many persons seems satisfied with it. I was just thinking is Kojic Acid natural?can it be compared to hydraquinone? And when you stop using kojic acid are there side effects?like skin becoming more darker,spots...

Is kojic acid harmful? [ 6 Answers ]

I came across a website about all the harmful garbage in everyday products like shampoos and lotions. They said kojic acid is harmful because somehow it can absorb into the bloodstream and can do DNA damage. Do you think its safe to use every now and again? I'm am terribly confused. Some say...

KOjic acid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've just started using Kojic soap a week ago and my face is now peeling slightly. I have medium brown skin and would like to lighten a couple of shades. Has anyone tried this? Please let me know if it worked for you and how long you had to wait for results. Thanks!

Kojic Acid [ 1 Answers ]

Is kojic acid soap are applicable to use in a teen agers face?

View more questions Search