Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe tech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Ac/heating indoor fan runs after compressor shut down
    Ac compressor and indoor fan comes on OK. When compressor shuts down, approx. 60 seconds later indoor fan shuts off, this is normal. About 10 seconds later the indoor fan comes on, the compressor is off at this time.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
    What is the brand and model number of your equipment and thermostat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Compressor unit will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the problem. Lets say it is 80 degrees. I turn the central air conditioner on, set at 78 degrees. The house cools down to 78 degrees. The thermostat appears to shut the blower (from the furnace) off and acts like it everything is shut off. However, the outdoor AC unit continues to run and...

Air-Conditioner Compressor runs, No cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our Amana 8709088812 was working well. The cool air stopped but the compressor stayed on. We called a repair person and they replaced a fan. It worked for a short time and the same thing happened so they came back and replaced a second fan. They said there is a fan for intake and one for...

Outide unit runs continually, but indoor unit will not always come on when it should. [ 7 Answers ]

For the past couple of months, my A/C has been working improperly, and I'm hoping that someone can tell me what's wrong, and how to fix it! Hot weather's ON THE WAY!! I don't know all of the correct terminology, but here goes: I have an electric central heat/air conditioner. The last couple...

Indoor AC/heating unit making loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Day&Night central forced air unit that will make the large duct work that connects to all the smaller ducts to it vibrate and it makes a vibrating noise so loud that we can hear it upstairs. When I first turn the unit on it will be fine but after a minute or so the vibrating begins and...

Central A/C outside runs but compressor kicks on and off [ 2 Answers ]

Just cleaned the complete system, at furnace and outside. Had unit serviced (Sears Kenmore) for low freon, now when I turn on A/C the fan outside runs OK but the compressor kicks on then off after 10 seconds. This is the first time I ran the unit since it was serviced by a technician. Could this...

View more questions Search