Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razanbrandy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Stop code on car title
    I recently paid off my car and today called the DMV's office to find out where my title is... they told me back in 2003 someone has put a stop code on my title and the state had it destoyed... just want to know if anyone knows what this code is and how does it get put on a title.. apparently it was sent to another state and destoyed there
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 04:32 PM
    The loan company who held the lien on your vehicle would also hold your title and should have had the original title in their office. Have no idea why your title was destroyed. What did your loan company say when you asked them about where your title was?

Jul 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
    They told me that they don't have to title and that the DMV should have it.. and to call the DMV and apply for a lost title..

Jul 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I meant they don't have the title

Jul 11, 2008, 05:05 PM
    The DMV gave me a number to call in Nashville and that I would need to get the lien release from the loan company and send it to Nashville and when that's all done, then I can apply for a lost title
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 05:49 PM
    In Ohio the original title is sent to the leinholder and a "memorandum of title" is sent to the person so they can properly register the car. When the loan is satisfied the lender stamps a lien satisfied stamp on the original title and sends to the owner of the car. I guess they do things differently in TN. I know they do the leinholder holds the title scenerio in Florida as well.

Jul 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
    The lien holder is a credit union in NY... I now live in TN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop City Code Enforcement Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I am being harassed by the city code department. There are a few home owners in my neighborhood that have nothing to do but complain and pull their pud. I understand the complaints must be followed up by an enforcement division officer visit. At least by drive by, if not a knock on the door. It is...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Clarification: Soc Sec & US Code Title 42, Chapter7, subchapter II, [ 2 Answers ]

Clarification of U S Code: TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 7 > SUBCHAPTER II > § 407 as relates to Soc Sec levy, garnishment. On my first post I asked this question: Are Social Security benefits exempt from levy, garnishment, and assignment if federal school loans are delinquent or child support...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

View more questions Search