Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XXsqueekXX Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
    My grandma is a drinker and she pushed me to my depression!
    My grandma is a very bad drinker she has fallen down the stairs many times I have caought her but still I hate having friends at home because she treats my like and falls asleep on the toilet and its so embarresing I'm already going threw depression so its hard enough I thought I were different maybe she would care for me but I guess not she is still the same and yells at me all the time I need advice because I can't take this and I live with her!!
    LillyL Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 01:08 PM
    It sounds like your grandmother has a serious drinking problem. It should not have to be your responsibility to take care of her and keep an eye on her when she drinks too much. It sounds like very selfish behavior on her part to let her drinking problem affect her relationship with you. Do you live with just her, is there any other adults at your home. If you have other adults living with you I would recommend talking to them about it and seeing if they can help you to figure out a solution. If not some one living with you perhaps there is another adult you trust that can give you some suggestions, even a friend's parent or school counselor. You may feel bad “telling” on your grandma but imagine how much worse it would be if you say nothing and she falls down the stairs some time when you are not around to help her. This sounds like a very unhealthy situation and you are correct in seeking help and advice.
    XXsqueekXX Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyL
    It sounds like your grandmother has a serious drinking problem. It should not have to be your responsibility to take care of her and keep an eye on her when she drinks too much. It sounds like very selfish behavior on her part to let her drinking problem affect her relationship with you. Do you live with just her, is there any other adults at your home. If you have other adults living with you I would recommend talking to them about it and seeing if they can help you to figure out a solution. If not some one living with you perhaps there is another adult you trust that can give you some suggestions, even a friend’s parent or school counselor. You may feel bad “telling” on your grandma but imagine how much worse it would be if you say nothing and she falls down the stairs some time when you are not around to help her. This sounds like a very unhealthy situation and you are correct in seeking help and advice.
    Yea I live with my mom,grandma,two brothers and grandpa.I have told my mom and she is trying to get me out of there but now my grandma yells at me when no one is around and I get in truoble for saying something and I have called her a drunk and she told me to get ed so I have a fcked up life most of my depression is because of her.im going to counseling and now I'm on pills I have been to the hospital 2 times for severe depression so just waiting tell I can move because I can't take it anymore here!! :( :( :( :( :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression and being pushed away [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Thanks for reading my message and I hope some of you can help me? I've never used a site like this before but feel I need some advice. My partner suffers from depression and has just started seeing his doctor and taking anti-depressants. We only started seeing each other in October...

Can a 39 year old man be a binge drinker? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, this is strange for me. I have never done anything like this before but I just don't know what to do. I am sure that my husband is an alcholic/binge drinker. He only drinks about once a month but when he does so he drinks like a case of beer and doesn't stop drinking until he passes out. He...

Pushed away [ 3 Answers ]

What to say when being pushed away

53 Year Old Binge Drinker [ 4 Answers ]

OK... Thanks.

View more questions Search