Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Mar 28, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Should I stay or should I go??
    I found out about a month and half ago that my boyfriend of 10 months has been cheating with a woman he works with. I must admit I was in the wrong because I found out by snooping through his cell phone records. He was seeing a nurse at the hospital where he works. When I initially found out, I asked him about it, and of course he lied. He continued to lie, and then he finally confessed. I explained to him if we wanted to continue a relationship to sever all ties with this woman. For awhile, he was well behaved, but yesterday I was snooping again, and found that he is still calling this girl. I don't trust him! He is currently in therapy for another issue, he says that he is changing, and I can see a bit of change, but I still don't trust him. Should I stay or should I go?:confused: ;)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 01:31 PM
    You do not need any of us to tell you what to do. The answer is within you. I know you are looking for opinions but make a decision based on what is best for you and what you in your heart think is best for you. Instead of talking to us, you need to communicate with your boyfriend. Tell him how you feel and what you think.

Joe
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 28, 2006, 02:29 PM
    If he has so little regard for your feelings after 10 months in the relationship, how little regard will he have for your feelings after 2 or 3 years?

If you don't trust him now, how little will you trust him when he's gone for 2-3 days?
    How about if you go away for 2-3 days?

You have to go, or you'll always be wondering "is he doing it again..."
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2006, 05:41 PM
    First snooping is not your fault I am sure you had your feelings.

And you have already answered your own question, I just don't understand why you stayed long enough to type the question.

Unless you wish to be cheated on the rest of your life, leave him
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 05:52 PM
    I think you should go. He does not love you enough to be faithful to you. Perhaps you shouldn't be snooping through his cell phone records but whatever instinct led you to feel that you should check it out was right on the mark. If he were on the up-and-up and playing it straight then it shouldn't matter whether you snooped through his cell phone records or not as there'd be nothing he'd need to hide. Find yourself a man who'll be true blue faithful to you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Go.

I dated a girl that I found out was cheating on me when I grabbed a notebook to leave her a note on some paper and found some info about another date. Confronted her, worked things out it seemed. It was just a spiral notebook she'd have around and jot stuff down in.

Later when things got weird again I grabbed the same notebook and snooped... was looking to see if she'd written anything about us, hoping that something in there was positive. Yeah, it was wrong. It also told me she was sleeping with a different guy (not the same as before) and had been calling me to come over when he wasn't getting the job done. Yippee. Sort of. Not really.

Needless to say that relationship was over. I had her stuff on my porch within the day.

Save yourself the frustration. Don't waste another day on someone who strays.
    chaparrita Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 09:28 PM
    I personal don't think you should stay with him because you are probably a beautiful women and I think you can find some one else. There are other fish in the sea. I think he is tempting you so that you can leave him. So I think you should leave him because if he leaves you it might hurt more. You know what I mean?
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2006, 10:05 AM
    He might be changing but you are not. You need to change your attitude and feelings for someone who will cheat on you. So, yes please move on...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
    HI, Sweet,
    I do agree with the other answers about move on!
    If he is cheating on you, what will it be like if you eventually marry this person?
    Don't even think about it.
    If you stay with him, it probably will only get worse; and you will only get more emotionally involved. Break it off, and meet some new people. There is someone out there just for you, with caring, honesty, love, and respect.
    Anyone who cheats does not have respect for themselves, or you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I stay or leave [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I'm 28 with three kids I meet my husband when I was 18 years old Got married a year a half later. We had to girls and then when my youngest daughter was almost three he left me for another woman (a friend of mine). We were separated for almost two years. He had a baby boy with her and I got...

Stay or Go? [ 35 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 11 months. I recently discovered that he's been talking to another woman behind my back (the second time in three months and a different woman from the first time). The first time this happened he explained that he was talking to her for a friend. I let it...

Should I stay or should I walk away [ 15 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend since I was 15 years old I am now 21 and he is 22 years old... We have a little boy who is 17 months old... We both attend the same college and are supposed to be graudating soon... anyway we broke up back in December and we just started to get back on good terms...

Should I stay or should I go? [ 10 Answers ]

Just want to ask your opinion on this... please advise I have a male friend whom I considered as my bestfirend. Believe it or not I'm fifteen years older than him. We known each other for more than five years and that years of friendship is not always good. We have lots of arguments on certain...

How to stay dry [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to no how to stay dry when making love can you please give me the answer

View more questions Search