Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatnext86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 09:07 PM

Could Cleanbreak and CJFox weigh in on their current situation with the CoolGlide results now that a little more time has passed?

I'm really worried about what this Dr. Green said about it being temporary. And I'm starting to seriously doubt the efficacy of Berman's treatment.
    Squaredancer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 11:07 AM

I've been reading this thread for a few months and this is my first post. I've had very noticeable blue veins under my eyes for several years now, and I may be older than most of the posters here (I'm 54). They definitely look worse than years ago, and I think they'e gotten worse due to the skin under my eyes being very pale and thin, stress, being on the computer, lack of sleep. I'd do anything to get rid of the veins - two are very large and raised above the skin. I'm in sales, and I have to wear my eyeglasses when meeting with clients as a cosmetic aid to cover the veins. I don't feel confident when speaking with people. I always feel like they are looking at the veins and I wear 3 concealers that don't work. People say I'm an attractive woman despite the veins, but I don't feel good about the way I look.

I read about Dr. Green, Dr. Berman and I've seen a number of plastic surgeons and dermatologists in NYC. I also recently saw an ocular plastic surgeon. In my case, sclerotherapy could be a big problem because I have a tendency to bruise very easily, and I have a blood clotting problem related to lupus. The doctors said I had 3 choices: Laser, which they feel is safe but may not remove the large veins. Doing a surgical procedure where the doctor cuts the veins out under the skin. That's a safe procedure but could leave scarring. Finally, there's a procedure where they leave the veins, but inject Restylene (don't know if that's the right spelling) to fill in the hollow areas of thin skin around the veins. This would fill out the skin and make the veins less noticeable. It would last about a year, and then you go back and have it done. Eventually, the skin gets filled out so the veins don't show. Of all these options, I'm still tending toward laser which seems the safest.

There's another doctor in Maryland, Dr. Robert A. Weiss, of the Maryland Laser, Skin and Vein Institute. I don't remember his website, but I'll have to Google it. I think Dr. Weiss also offers a number of procedures to treat these types of veins and he has excellent credentials. So there are doctors out there, it's a matter of which doctor has the best answer. Also, which procedure would work for me. The large raised blue veins are under my right eye but the veins under my left eye are flat against the skin. I hope laser is still an options for me. Does the Cool Glide laser work on raised blue veins?

I'm sorry we all have to live with this problem, but I guess it's good to know I'm not the only person who has these veins. I only want to do something if I feel confident that it will work, and be safe. It's good to know some people have had a variety of treatments that worked. That's encouraging!
    Squaredancer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 11:17 AM

The site for Dr. Weiss is Maryland Laser Skin and Vein Institute, Drs. Weiss and Beasley. He uses a number of Cool Glide procedures and his office is in Maryland, which is easier for anyone on the East Coast.
    hairyscotsman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Hi, I am so glad I have found this thread.. I have a really bad blue vein under one eye and thought I would have to put up with it forever.. As my name suggests I am a guy in Scotland UK . Could any of the previous posters who have had the CoolGlide Excel Laser procedure done in the UK please advise me where.

Many Thanks
    abr_bly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Hi,

I've had prominent blue veins for as long as I can remember. Mine ran from my left temple down to under my left eye. I first thought I'd have to live with this awful problem but recently found that it could be treated.
    I recently travelled to London to try the coolglide laser to treat these big blue veins that have caused me so much grief.

I was really nervous before the treatment but the doc was really reassuring. About 5-10 minutes later it was over and the pain wasn't bad at all. Slight pinching feeling.

The result: We decided to treat the vein under my eye first and see how that responded and later work on my temple vein. He told me I may need 2-3 sessions because of the size of the vein.
    It's been a week since I had it done. Straight after I'd had it done it was as good as disappeared. Now I can see the thread of the blue vein though it is much less prominent than before. I was told it would take up to 4 weeks to see full result so I'm hopeful. Either way I will be going back for a second treatment in the hope of eliminating it for good.

I had my treatment at the private clinic on harley st in London (they have a websit). Treatments start from £250 and depend on the type and size of vein. My treatment cost was £250.

I was told that in some cases that the veins can return but I'm hopeful and praying that mine won't.
    CDL111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abr_bly View Post
    Hi,

I've had prominent blue veins for as long as I can remember. Mine ran from my left temple down to under my left eye. I first thought I'd have to live with this awful problem but recently found that it could be treated.
    I recently travelled to London to try the coolglide laser to treat these big blue veins that have caused me so much grief.

I was really nervous before the treatment but the doc was really reassuring. About 5-10 mins later it was over and the pain wasn't bad at all. Slight pinching feeling.

The result: We decided to treat the vein under my eye first and see how that responded and later work on my temple vein. He told me I may need 2-3 sessions because of the size of the vein.
    It's been a week since I had it done. Straight after I'd had it done it was as good as disappeared. Now I can see the thread of the blue vein though it is much less prominent than before. I was told it would take upto 4 weeks to see full result so I'm hopeful. Either way I will be going back for a second treatment in the hope of eliminating it for good.

I had my treatment at the private clinic on harley st in London (they have a websit). Treatments start from £250 and depend on the type and size of vein. My treatment cost was £250.

I was told that in some cases that the veins can return but I'm hopeful and praying that mine won't.
    That's awsome, lets hope it does not come back.

What was the clinic's name?

Thanks

Jun 9, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CDL111 View Post
    Thats awsome, lets hope it does not come back.

What was the clinic's name?

Thanks
    Hi CDL111,

I really hope it disappears completely! I'm looking at it everyday to see if it's changing and hoping the blue thread I see is not the vein coming back.
    It's affected my confidence for so many years that I was even willing to fly to the US after seeing the procedure done on a website in a clinic there!

I had it done at The Private Clinic, they have various clinics and you can have a consultation for free. I had one in manchester but was told the coolglide treatment was only offered in the London clinic. Desperate to sort this problem I went there and after a consultation got told it could be dealt with.

I'm going to be patient and give it a month like I was told and depending on the result I'm going to go for a second in July and will let you know how it goes.

I've never realised just how many people had this similar problem, I hope the treatments everyone tries is successful and we can finally be free of these nasty veins!:)
    wish1200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 06:32 PM

Hi.
    I have had green veins under my eyes since around 2 years. Started small and only 1 appeared, then more appeared. The most worrying one is getting longer.

I'm definitely going to try the suppliment remedies to see if they help.

Can cleanBreak and other members who had treatment report on their situation now please?
    I'm thinking the scelotherapy or the coolglide laser are the best options.
    One of the members mentioned they were treated by the private clinic on harley street, London, UK.
    I actually called them few days ago and the man I spoke to(very professional) said he really needs to see the veins to comment on treatment. He also said be very careful about who you get it treated by because it's under the eyes which is risky.
    I live in West Midlands, UK so I think harley street is the best and most reputed to visit.
    I shall be arranging a consultation very soon(free).

Thanks to all the members who have posted their comments. Hopefully we shall be successful in our war against these horrible facial veins!

Take care.
    charlize242 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Hi Cleanbreak, How are you? Could you tell us if the vein is still completely gone? Could you still recommend treatment by the Berman skin institute with the GoolGlide Exel Laser?
    I´m wondering if you still happy about the result so thank you for letting us have an update...
    :o

Jun 17, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Hi fx33, Could you also give us an update on your treatment? Is the vein still visible or has it disappeared completely by now? I have actually found a doctor in Germany who is willing to treat (unfortunately not during the summer time) the veins under my eyes using sclerotherapy but I´m not sure if I should go for it since he is not very experienced in treating eye veins. Also, I´m still not sure if I should get treatment with the Cool Glide Exel Laser or sclerotherapy so it would be very helpful if you could update us on your treatment with Dr. Green. Thanks so much!

Jun 17, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Hi abr_bly, could you also give an update on your treatment with the CoolGlide Excel Laser? Do you have to go for another treatment or has the vein completely disappeared in the meantime? Thank you so much for letting me know. I really want to get rid of these ugly veins under my eyes as fast as possible!
    lauraerr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlize242 View Post
    Hi abr_bly, could you also give an update on your treatment with the CoolGlide Excel Laser? Do you have to go for another treatment or has the vein completely disappeared in the meantime? Thank you so much for letting me know. I really want to get rid of these ugly veins under my eyes as fast as possible!
    HI, I am new at this. Did you ever find out more info on CoolGlide Excel Laser?

PLease ler me know any info you find out.

Thank you, L.E. FL

Jun 20, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlize242 View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's been three weeks since my treatment with the coolglide and the vein is still there. Over the last week or so it looks the same as it did before the treatment, :confused:

Sometimes it looks less visible but on the whole it is still there. I've been asking my husband to give me a second opinion and though he says yeah it's there, he reminds me that the doc did say give it 6 weeks to see the result and that I may need 2-3 sessions. I guess I was hoping just the single treatment would have done the trick.

I can't tell if what I see is just the coagulated blood that my body is supposed to reabsorb or whether it is still a live vein? So many questions.

I have my second appointment booked for the 11th of July when I will fire all these questions to him and hopefully see if the second treatment does the trick. I'm not ready to lose hope yet!

He did say sometimes veins can come back, I just hope that is not the case. Plus I have a vein down my temple which was not treated and I'm not sure if that has affected the outcome of the one under my eye.

It would be good to hear from cleanbreak who stated seeing an improvement after 3 weeks of treatment and if the result is still good.

I will of course keep you guys posted, as I know just how it feels to want to find a solution. For some reasons.

Fingers crossed...
    arttb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:44 AM

I can't tell you how comforting this site is. I'm an actress in London, mostly television, and both the dark circles under my eyes and the large blue veins have been THE biggest problems (and caused many a squabble with the make up artists) throughout my career. The cakeyness that ensues from all the darn cover up and powder has been the bane of my life since my teens. I can't think of anything better than being able to go into castings without the obligatory four layers of make up as I keep trying to hide the darn bags. Let's hope the CoolGlide guys get back to us soon as I'm THIS close to Cool Gliding it to Harley Street!

Incidentally, as a momentary fix, using the colour ORANGE, preferably a cream, over the blue areas actually counteracts the blueness. Seems odd as orange is a dark colour but it genuinely works. Try it! Thanks you lot x
    Mythreegirls Posts: 10, Reputation: -6

Jun 24, 2009, 02:28 PM
    I looked at Dr. Berman's website and tend to think he's a scam. Sort of like Dr. Tattoff when you Google "tattoo removal."

I've been to different dermatologists and it's amazing that some of these doctors really don't know how to work their lasers.

There's many different types of lasers and settings on the laser. It all depends on if the doctor knows how to set it just right. Many times the doctor has rented this new laser but really doesn't know how to use it.

I just want to warn you all to please check out these plastic surgeons and dermatologists out very carefully prior. Find out what their reputation in the community is and how skilled they are. There are a lot of botched procedures and many doctors just care about the $$, not about their patients.
    wsoxfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 03:29 PM
    I have been following this thread for awhile and thought it was time to contribute my two cents.

I am 22, black female. I have a noticeable vein under both eyes. Today, I went to get sclerotherapy due on both veins. Prior to the procedure, I went in for a consultation to enquire about the Coolglide laser. I was told that, because I have darker skin, the laser might not be effective. Bare in mind, I am fairly light-skinned and I am often mistake for hispanic (just to give a frame of reference of my skin color and if the laser will be ineffective for you as well).

It took about 15 minutes tops and it did burn. It has been about 2 hours since I have gotten it done and it doesn't burn as bad but there is still a noticeable discomfort, more like a throbbing. It is also swollen. I have yet to bruise but I'm sure its coming. I was told that the vein should disappear within 4-6 weeks. I was also informed that new veins come appear. Right now, I can not see the vein but that's because I'm so swollen.

The cost of the procedure was a merger $125. I live in AL, so I'm sure this procedure will be more expense elsewhere.

I will update my progress and periodically check this thread to answer any questions that might be asked.
    NovaCatapult Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 12:17 PM

Hi, I'm also plagued by these friggin blue veins under my eyes. I did try to remove them by laser 7 years ago (hurt like hell). For the first month they appeared to be gone... but they came back 100% to what they used to be. There are probably newer lasers today, but I doubt they'll work. They'll just grow back. I wish there was a treatment to make thin skin thicker somehow... the only thing that would work I think. Damnit.
    cleanbreak Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 11:10 AM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an update. It's been since the end of Feb 2009 and the vein is still gone. Not a trace.

For those that are worried about the re-absorption of the cord, that took several weeks, perhaps near a month to go away. The vein had a sort of last stand where it seemed to get worse and darker, and then looked like a bruise going away. I saw it dispurse in bits.

I was really worried that it hadn't worked but it totally totally did. I am so happy. Truly a second chance at life and a brand new face.

That's why I'm taking the time to tell you to go to Dr. Berman of the Berman Skin Institute for the CoolGlide Excel Laser treatment.

It's hard to trust because this is the internet, but I was in the same position as you guys. The vein ruined my life for 27 years and now I'm free and happy and you can be too!

I urge you to do it and do it as soon as you can cause than you can start living the life you were meant to have!

Some other person said the veins would come back with this treatment, and I've been really nervous since then but a,most four months out the thing is still gone.

Sometimes horrible problems really can be solved easily (though not necessarily cheaply)

Let me know any questions and I'll answer them as best I can.
    NovaCatapult Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 11:51 AM

Has anyone used the Cynergy laser for removing blue veins ? Is it better or worse than the CoolGlide Excel ?
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jul 7, 2009, 02:27 PM
    I used to have those, but my Doctor told me that it is because I was anemic (Don't eat enough foods with iron) and I don't have them as much anymore. That was my expierience, everybody's different, you might have a different case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Bags under eyes [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of bags under you eyes in a natural way??

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Veins in Hands [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Recently I've noticed that the veins in both of my hands are acting up. I can see them much easier than before and they seem to be pushing up on the skin somewhat. Similar to veins on someone who's totally ripped, but trust me I can assure you I'm not ripped. Anyway, I'm 17, and I was just...

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search