Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtdoc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 10:09 AM
    10" rough in Handicap toilet
    I want to replace an old toilet with a handicap model but the old toilet has a 10" rough in and the new ones all seem to be 12". Does anyone make a handicap toilet that will fit a 10" rough in? Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Hey Mtdoc.:

Click on the following links... plenty of choices/manufacturers... ;) The 10" rough/handicap requirements will make these expensive!

Eljer Patriot 17" Two-Piece Toilet (Elongated Rim and 10" Rough-In) - 091-2165

Gerber - 10" Rough In Ultra Flush 1.6 gpf

TOTO SOIREE TOILET MS964214CFG - Toilets That Work

I like all three toilets here, but TOTO will be the best one, then the Eljer, then the gerber... I am sure it will be reflected in price, too!

Let me know if I missed this one...ok??

Otherwise, check out the links above... then go to a local plumbing supply showroom and see what they can do for you there... never hurts to ask.

Let us know what you think... MARK

Jun 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Thanks, you're right, I meant a 10" rough-in. The toilets you mentioned will work perfectly, though I didn't expect them to be so expensive. Thanks for taking the time to find these for me. I'll edit my original post.
    Doug
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 03:58 PM
    They don't sell as many 10" as 12" so you pay for the extra tooloing and lower production. You might be able to move your flange forward depending on the flooring material. Cheaper than a new toilet but more work.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
    You are not specifying whether you have tank or flush valve. If flush valve than don't worry, most of the toilets are 10" on center.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Milo... what are you talking about..? Mtdoc. Has already replied that he is all set?

Did you read what he posted..

What "most toilets" are 10" on center??

Jun 29, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Thanks everyone. The toilet is a tank type so the 3 toilets suggested above are all I need.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Glad to hear you are all set MtDoc...

Come back anytime... ;)

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handicap toilet [ 8 Answers ]

How far from the wall should you install a handicap toilet?

Toilet rough in [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a old house. The original rough in is 14 inches. I am finding it is very hard to find a toilet to meet the new space I have for a toilet. Can I replace a 14 inch rough in toilet with a 12 inch rough in without changing any plumbing? Thank you for the response back.

Need a ROUND 14" rough toilet that is 16' high. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in an old house. Need a ROUND 14" rough toilet that is 16' high. Thanks, aow

WE had a rough relationship, should I stay or go? "Long topic" [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I don't really know where to start, all I know is that I just need some advice on what to do in a break. I guess I'll start from talking about me and my gal's relationship from the beginning. We had very different life styles, she has a very closed in life style where her dad is very strict...

Garage Door Opener "rough-in" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in the process of wirring a detached garage, and I'm considering installing an automatic garage door opener. My question is: since I didn't purchase the machine yet (in fact, I don't know too much about how these things are connected at all), can someone give me some advice on how to...

View more questions Search