Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidmentre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Not cooling
    Air conditioning is blowing but not cooling, called a technician and it won't be there 'till next week; they told me to check some things but not sure what, can you tell me?
    maliceluvsyou Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2008, 09:42 AM
    It may not have any water in the pads, you should try wetting them with the hose.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Check the circuit breaker and fuses for the outside unit. This is usually the first step.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maliceluvsyou
    It may not have any water in the pads, you should try wetting them with the hose.

I`m so confused,, what you talking about?water in pads
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 05:21 PM
    I`m so confused,,,what you talking about?water in pads

Do not be confused this person((It may not have any water in the pads, you should try wetting them with the hose.)) who posted this does not know what he is talking about. LOL
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Yes I agree, I knew he didn`t but was hoping to be nice,in saying so, I`m trying to practice being nice,, but sometimes its hard,, lol,, I hate it when people are looking for answers and they get off the wall responses,, it only makes it harder for the homeowner
    maliceluvsyou Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Its not an off the wall answer, I have an older air conditioner in my home (which I believe he is asking about, though I may be wrong) and when its blowing air and not cooling my hubby checks to see if it has any water. And most of the time the air conditioning pads are dry so he wets them with the hose. Sorry for the misunderstanding but you don't have to make fun of me. I was really just trying to help. And I know its hard being nice because I'm not but you didn't have to poke fun. >:-/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cooling! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a second heat and air unit on the second floor of my house that I never use. I tried to crank it up today and no cooling! The unit inside and out was on but the temperature stayed at 92 degrees for about 20 minutes, then I turned it off. Any ideas on what I should do, or what the problem...

A/C not cooling during the day [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the scenerio: I live in an upstairs apartment and the A/C runs constantly during the day. At night it cools the apartment to the temperature set on the thermastat. The apartment size is about 1400 squre feet and the unit is said to be a 3 ton unit. The temperature during the day...

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

No cooling [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone help me troubleshoot my a/c at home.I replaced the air filter and washed down the outdoor condesor with a hose and still no a/c.I also shut my a/c down for the night thinking that maybe after all the cleaning and also if there might have been any freezing of the pipes that it would have...

A/c not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a problem with my central a/c not cooling. Both my outside unit and my blower in the attic are running, but I'm not getting cool air.Any ideas? Thanks.

View more questions Search