Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jun 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Sickle cell trait
    Does the sickle cell trait affect your breathing and is it true that it is unsafe to dive if you have the trait?:( I also heard you are immune to malaria if you have the trait.
    medivac Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Do you have sickle cell or are you just a carrier of the trait?
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jun 29, 2008, 09:47 AM
    I have the sickle cell tait only
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
    People with sickle cell disease can get malaria just like anyone else. However, people with sickle cell trait are less likely to get malaria. The trait doesn't completely protect a person from infection, but it makes death from malaria less likely. Instead of answering question by question here is some important educational information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

CDC Features - Sickle Cell Disease: 10 Things You Need to Know
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 01:53 PM
    BigS,
    Do you have any idea which trait you have?
    I have sickle cell Hb D trait.

FAQs Sickle Cell Trait

Red Blood Cells

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Origin of a Cultural Trait [ 3 Answers ]

We occasionally observe in TV newscasts that when the audience applauds dignitaries (or speakers who have just finished a speech) from countries like Russia or China, the dignitarie/speakers too join in the applause by clapping their hands. There must be some idea behind this cultural trait. The...

Sickle cell aneamia is immune to malaria? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a carrier(I am not sure if that is the right term,but I have this trait but do not show symptoms and if I married another of the same type, a kid we have will need blood transfusion.) I was diagnosed as a carrier of Sickle cell D trait when I got tested for thelassemia. Is it true that a...

Trait Profile [ 1 Answers ]

My question is what is the origin of the trait "Not Asking for Help":confused:

What is sickle cell aneamia? [ 2 Answers ]

I am researching this for a relative who is rather poorly. She is suffering from constant tiredness, pains in her lower back, diahorrea weight gain and other like symptoms. She has seen her gp and he has mentioned this to her but gave no course of treatment however has requested stool samples,...

View more questions Search