Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deerfisherman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Will a mother beagle eat her pups?
    We have a mother beagle that gave birth to 7 pups. They are 3 weeks old today and now we have 4. We found half a head where the mother had eaten one and we assume 2 others. Is this normal? Puppies were developing well. The 4 left seem well nourished and healthy. Mother seems to have plenty milk. Thank you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2006, 05:53 AM
    Mothers of all breeds occasionally eat their puppies. The reasons are poorly understood, but usually they are ones that do not have a lot of human contact before the litter is born. Also too many strangers can lead to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still need help on my beagle pup [ 5 Answers ]

I am still having the same problems as before with my beagle... the kennel training for us has been hell... I thought dogs aren't supposed to pooh in their sleeping space and eating place?. is it just a phase pups go through when they pee when they haven't seen you in awhile?. im getting all kinds...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Do chiuahua pups get along with kittens? [ 1 Answers ]

Well u can call me Candy if you would like 2. :D :D um... I'm new here and I'm open 2 new things and love seeing different answers. So my question is Do 8 week old chiuahuas get along with 8 month old kittens? Please answer ASAP!

Need help beagle [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old He has gotten very sick and I cannot afford to take him to a vet. He has become very tired won't eat and is drinking some water but not much .He is an outside dog he has had all his shots. I went and purchased some penecillin to see if that would help but his condition is not...

Doxie Pups Run From Me [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my 9 month old Doxie pups from running away from me? The female does this when I want to put her in the kennel (she will not be bribed with treats) and the male when he occasionally gets out the front door and runs across the street. I've "had it" with the both of them and ready to...

View more questions Search