Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelledarren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Musty odor
    A bedroom in my home has a musty odor in the closet that permeates throughout the room and hallway. After rainfall the smell is at its strongest, and most detectable. My house is a new build and there is no apparent water damage throughout the room.
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jun 23, 2008, 04:23 PM
    I'd suspect mold. Look well around the baseboard for the signs of it. If you still don't see any, it may be in the wall. Is rain getting in some way? Helen Ag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery musty odor [ 10 Answers ]

This house was built in 2001 and is a slab house. We are the second owners. There is a mysterious musty odor that is in the foyer closet and in the wall from the foyer closet to the front door. The closet and foyer are back to back to the garage. We have had a mold/mildew inspection done and...

Musty smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new home built in the Spring of 2007. It is a 2 story home with 2 bedrooms, bonus room and full bath upstairs. One bedroom located on the back of the house has a very musty smell that encompasses the entire room but, seems to be coming from one corner of the room in the wall. The smell...

Musty odor smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a musty odor smell in my house for a couple of weeks. It seems like it is coming from our heating vents. We had problems with tiny nats flying around. Our plumbing was out and said they were drain nats and filled our drains with this gel. They disappeared but now they are back. Could...

Musty odor in daughters bedroom [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to get the musty odor out of our daughters bedroom. Recently, we have been inundated with non-stop rain, and apparently some had seeped in. We pulled back the carpet, removed the damp tack boards and baseboard, cut out the damp carpet pad, and opened up the window and now have a fan...

View more questions Search