Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phil2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Train,heat pump, reversing valve
    I have a Trane heat pump. The reversing valve is stuck in the heat cycle. What can I do to make it switch into the cool cycle? Condenser (outside unit is charged,. 150pii high and cver 200 on the low side... seems like it is stuck also. When unit starts the low side becomes hot and the high side gets cold.

I do not need the heat just the cool side. Handler has a heat strip for winter heating. I just need to resolve the valve problem.

If I need to change the valve what would be the easiest and most quick way. Afraid of ruining the new valve when installing due to piping in vertical position?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Make sure it is stuck and not just a bad coil.
    Changing a valve is best left to a real professional (to many reasons to mention here).
    If the valve will not reverse you are toast till it is replaced.
    Once again make sure the coil is being powered up and that the valve is really defective before you make any more maneuvers OR call for professional on site help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reversing valve not reversing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman package heat pump model PHJ030-1A. I found a leak in the condenser coil, in the "U" shape joint. I made some checks, reversing valve coil: the resistance was 17. Something ohms, found 24 volts going to the coil, but didn't check for amps. O.K. Would low freon stop the reversing...

Compressor or Reversing Valve [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a heat pump failure and have had two techs look at it. Tech A says it's a bad reversing valve. Tech B says it's a bad compressor. Tech B says is can't be a bad reversing valve, because when those valves fail, they fail either in the heat position or the cool position, or a bi-flow...

Reversing valve [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to start up a water to air heat pump. The high side r-22 kicks out at 400psi within 3 seconds whether in cooling mode or heating mode. The reversing valve (alco 401RD-10F57) clicks but seems to be the only obstruction that would prevent refrig. Flow. There seems to be no suction side change....

Reversing valve or Compressor? [ 1 Answers ]

Stuck on this: Unit has equal pressures when it starts up... compressor does not sweat even from common suction... the reversing valve selenoid clicks but does not switch... I know pressures along with 24v switch the reversing valve... but it seems valves are bad in compressor? Any help would be...

Installing a signal wire for a heat pump change over valve [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I just bought a house and I was thrilled when I saw that the outside unit was a heat pump (a Goodman ck36-1b model, to be exact). Well, today was the first day that we were to run the heat, and I noticed that the furnace kicked on immediately. "Strange," I thought, "doesn't the...

View more questions Search