Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jed33598 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
    MTD Yard machine tries to start with key off
    MTD lawn mower, with the key in the off position tries to start. The motor turns over. I disconnected the key swith, and tried to put the cables back on the battery but it begins to spark and the motor tries to turn over. Would the solenoid be bad? If so, with a meter how can I tell if it's bad. Any suggstions to resolve this prob would be great. Thanks J
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Your key switch may be hung in the start position. You may find your problem there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard Machine won't start after transporting it! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My Yard Machine 12.5 HP tractor always started without a problem. In fact, it has a new battery and a new starter. I put it on my truck and moved it to a new location and now it won't start or turn over! Any suggestions. Also, the owner's manual says I should check the fuse. ...

Yard Machine 12.5 B&S will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. First, sorry for my English. I need some help for my Yard Machine 1 year old with 12.5 hp B&S engine cut mower that has been parked in my garage for over 6 months. Last season It ran very well, but this season It wouldn't start after refilling the new gas that I just bought from...

Yard Machine 12.5 B&S will not start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. First, sorry for my English. I need some help for my Yard Machine 1 year old with 12.5 hp B&S engine cut mower that has been parked in my garage for over 6 months. Last season It ran very well, but this season It wouldn't start after refilling the new gas that I just bought from...

Yard Machine Clicks but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just bought my first ever lawm mower this month - a used, very good condition Yard Machine with 17.5 Hp, 42" cut Briggs and Straton engine, did the oil change and cleaned the air filter, put in new gas, and used it a couple of times (I bought my first home with a half acre yard with...

Yard Machine chipper won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have owned a Yard Machine Chipper/shredder by MTD, 5.5hp for several years. It has always been difficult to start. We have done the expected maintenance, but doesn't seem to help. Anyone out there with a real clue? Bad owners or bad machine??

View more questions Search