Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susecemartinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 02:06 PM
    My 6 years old daughters, 2 teeth btoke off. WHY?
    Yesterday, my 6 year old daughter got home with her 2nd broken tooth. They are broken just like when you break glass or something. They are her baby teeth. One has just a little piece left on her gums and the rest of it is just gum, no whole no t=nothing. The other is half broken. WHY did this happen?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
    You say she got home with a broken tooth. Where was she when they got broke?
    Could somebody be doing something to her that is causing her teeth to break?
    If her teeth were bad I don't think they would break one at a time.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Where in her mouth are these teeth?

If they are at the front (center two top or bottom) they may just be falling out. As the adult tooth pushes into the mouth it causes the root of the baby tooth to shrink away. When the root is completely or almost completely resorbed the crown portion can crumble.

It's a good idea to take her to the dentist where they can let you know for sure. They may want to x-ray the area.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
    When is the last time your daughter saw a dentist? Does she brush and floss everyday? Did she fall, or get hit in the face, causing the teeth to break?

A trip to the family dentist is probably in order so she can have a full check-up, in general, your teeth should not shatter, even with trauma.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
    I would say that you first ask your daughter why how and where they broke... ask every detail... note the colour of the teeth if they are yellowish having uneven surface, may be your child is suffering from an anomaly of dentine or enamel... consult a dentist... he might take an o.p.g

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

My daughters [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help find my daughters

Daughters last name [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single dad with a 6 year old son and a 4 year old daughter living in Alabama.My son has my last name but our daughter has her mothers name.If our daughters mother agrees to have her name changed to mine is it possible?

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search