Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabelgopo Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Mar 30, 2008, 11:55 AM
    how late can somebody file his taxes?
    my husband hasn't filed his taxes yet (= moron) is that money lost or can he still file for them?

thanks a lot!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
    If he is owed he has up to three years.
    If he owes he best do it asap or file for an extension if he is eligible.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelgopo
    my husband hasn't filed his taxes yet (= moron) is that money lost or can he still file for them?
    thanks a lot!
    If you have a refund, then you must file your 2007 tax return before April 15, 2011 otherwise, you won't get the refund. The 2004 tax return must be filed before April 15, 2008 to get the refund.

If you owe tax, you must file the return even the return is 10 years late. If you don't file the interest and penalty will keep on multiplying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I file taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

my husband has been in jail since june of 07. i had a baby in october and we also have a 2 y/o son together. he worked in the beginning of the year but i didn't get a job until dec. the pay period for my check ended december 30th but since i didn't get my check until january 4th i don't get a w2. i...

Late taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have not filed taxes since 2002. I would like to know what do I need to do in order to get My previous years filed correctly?

How do we file our taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I have been unemployed for the last year and my husband has been supporting us both does he file for head of household or what?

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

How Should We File Our Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are not married legally but married by traditional ceremony. No marriage lisensce. Should we still file as 'married'? Because I'm not sure if we need a marriage license to do that, but we been together married for 7 years. I don't want to get audited by the IRS and they will...

View more questions Search