Ask
    qta3blessings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Dogs eating fruit
    Can daschunds eat fruit?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2008, 06:38 AM
    My dog eats fruit. She likes strawberries and watermelon. She will eat oranges also and apples. It's good not to let the dog eat too much fruit. Just a piece now and then or it can upset their stomach. My dog also loves broccoli. (I hate it). Go figure.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Mar 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Keep in mind that grapes, rasins, chocolate, onions, and macadamia nuts can be deadly to a dog.
    Poly Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Mar 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Do not let your dog eat grapes or raisins:

GRAPE AND RAISIN TOXICITY IN DOGS.

I suppose other fruit is OK. But just in general I don't like to be experimenting with my pets.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Well, I am sure the dog can eat fruit, but I don't know if it would actually hurt them or not. I know I have always heard you should not change a dog's diet very much or at all.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 05:32 AM
    It was only in recent years we discovered small amounts of grapes or raisens can be deadly for some dogs. Don't risk letting your dog be part of discoveringthe next hazard. In general the less a dog gets except its dog chow, the better. Any decent chow has everything a dog needs for a complete and balanced diet. Anything else only messes up the careful balance and may lead to digestiv upsets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fruit classification [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to understand how works the classification of fruits in stone fruit, nut and all these other kinds of fruits. What are the criterions which make i.e. the litchi a nut an the walnut a stone fruit ? If somebody could help me to understand the hole system (maybe the are explaining texts...

Dogs behavior and eating changed al of a sudden. [ 2 Answers ]

Can my dog also be getting ill from the raw sewage flood under my home? Is it possible that he is also very ill like the rest of us, due to the landlord that refuses to help us and knows that we can't afford to move right now? Should I take my dog to the vet to be examined? He already has had...

Ripe fruit [ 1 Answers ]

Why do fruits ripen? Thanks:) :) :)

Can a Vitamin C supplement replace eating fruit? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't eat much fruit (okay, lets face it, I don't eat fruit) but I take a 500mg supplement a day in Vitamin C. Will this help where I don't eat fruit? I have always heard an apple a day keeps the doctor away and have heard Vitamin C will help fight cancer.

Fruit flies [ 1 Answers ]

In my apt. How do do kill them pemanently. Got rid of them once some how , bought 3 bananas and they're back. Tried flying insect spray and now into hair spray to avoid my toxicity.

View more questions Search