Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Archiebaldmunford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Owner of business put his hands on me
    If I had an argument with the owner of a business and you put his hands on me while asking me leave can I sue?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Was he shoving you or was it more like trying to show you the door?
    Foxyarse Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiebaldmunford
    if i had an arguement with the owner of a business and you put his hands on me while asking me leave can i sue?
    He would maintain he was using reasonable force to eject you. If he told you to leave and you stayed-you become a trespasser and he can use reasonable force to put you out. It all swings on what is reasonable.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 19, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Yea, if he used the "Detroit" style and threw you out by the seat of your pants you may have something. Otherwise you can't do much. You could speak to a lawyer I guess... look for one chasing an ambulance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Compare it to the bouncer at a club, if you were asked to leave and did not just leave but continued to stay there and "discuss",
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiebaldmunford
    if i had an arguement with the owner of a business and you put his hands on me while asking me leave can i sue?

All else aside you have to have damages in order to sue. What are your damages?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Just because someone put their hands on you is not adequate damages for being sued. If they bruised you or broke your arm and you had actual damages then you can sue. Sounds like you stayed too long at the fair and the owner wanted you off his premises. Did they drag you out and dislocate your shoulder?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner of business w2, w3 [ 1 Answers ]

As a business owner of an LLC, in 2007 I paid myself as an employee instead of as an officer. Do I issue myself a w2 since the income was reported on my 941s and 940 or do I just report it on the 1065? Should my w 3 reflect my income? Thanks

Business Owner needs 1099 procedures [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post. I am a partner in a small business with approx. 15 employees. When I 'bought into' the business, I was, and still am, quite uneducated about the tax end of the business... I am in charge of the day-to-day operations. I was told that at the...

Business Owner needs 1099 procedures [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post. I am a partner in a small business with approx. 15 employees. When I 'bought into' the business, I was, and still am, quite uneducated about the tax end of the business... I am in charge of the day-to-day operations. I was told that at the...

Self-employed,independent business owner and unpaid settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at a neverending black hole of debt after signing the disolution my ex-monster wanted!:( I was advised that the settlement I was getting was the best I could do without having the money for a full blown,2 year knock down drag out divorce! Neither were my choice. I was assured that my...

Who is the real owner of the business [ 3 Answers ]

The case Sal start his business and get prospered n incorporated his company to SAL & SON private limited com. The company started with a paid up capital of RM100, 000. He held 99,998 shares of RM1 each, which he paid for by setting-off against the price of the business which he had...

View more questions Search